Basic Logic...

Jarod

Contributor
I dont support Satin worship.... But I also dont support the government making it illegal.

Is that inconsistant?

No Jarod.......you must have missed this in the thread.

Here is how the conversation went:

Jarod: Do you support Satanic worship?

LR: No.

Jarod: Are you for making it illegal?

LR: Only if it involves killing someone.

Now, using your logic, since I believe abortion to involve killing someone I am for making it illegal. Mr. Obama, by his continued voting against all such efforts to even reduce the number of abortions, clearly supports a woman's "right" to kill someone.

No Jarod.......you must have missed this in the thread.

Here is how the conversation went:

Jarod: Do you support Satanic worship?

LR: No.

Jarod: Are you for making it illegal?

LR: Only if it involves killing someone.

Now, using your logic, since I believe abortion to involve killing someone I am for making it illegal. Mr. Obama, by his continued voting against all such efforts to even reduce the number of abortions, clearly supports a woman's "right" to kill someone.

You do not understand basic logic.

There is a difference between supporting someone in doing something and supporting there right to do it.

There are plenty of reasons to oppose a bill other than supporting the thing it proports to bann.

I am against Late term abortion, however I was against that bill because it did not make a provision for the life of the WOMAN.

You do not understand basic logic.

There is a difference between supporting someone in doing something and supporting there right to do it.

There are plenty of reasons to oppose a bill other than supporting the thing it proports to bann.

I am against Late term abortion, however I was against that bill because it did not make a provision for the life of the WOMAN.

There is a difference in allowing someone to have the right to their own belief and allowing someone to take the life of another human being.

One does not affect you or anyone else. The other does affect someone else.

There is a difference in allowing someone to have the right to their own belief and allowing someone to take the life of another human being.

You are confused, even if you want to use murder it would still follow....

Let me use an example to try to illistrate this to you..... (You are smarter than this but being over emotional.)

Lets say Congress passes a bill that makes it illegal to intentionally kill anyone over the age of 6.

As a Congress man, even though I dont support intentionally killing people over 6 there might be several reasons I would vote against such a bill.

1) I dont think it is strong enough and I feel that by not voting for it I will require them to change the bill to include all people.

2) I think it should include a provision for self defense and it does not.

There could be many other reasons, but they do not require me to support the killing of people over the age of 6.

See!

Bush threatened to veto any war spending bill that called for benchmarks for future funding...

Does that mean Bush is against the Iraq war?

You are confused, even if you want to use murder it would still follow....

Let me use an example to try to illistrate this to you..... (You are smarter than this but being over emotional.)

Lets say Congress passes a bill that makes it illegal to intentionally kill anyone over the age of 6.

As a Congress man, even though I dont support intentionally killing people over 6 there might be several reasons I would vote against such a bill.

1) I dont think it is strong enough and I feel that by not voting for it I will require them to change the bill to include all people.

2) I think it should include a provision for self defense and it does not.

There could be many other reasons, but they do not require me to support the killing of people over the age of 6.

See!

LMAO....

It is not emotion Jarod... it is that "basic logic" you mention.

It is not logical to compare having the right to worship someone/something to someone having the right to take a life. One does not affect anyone but the individual. The other takes the life of a second individual.

As for your above example... I do support making the life of the woman and the life of the child equal. Meaning that if the womans life is in danger... she most certainly has the right to choose to protect her own life over the life of her child.

However, when it comes to taking the life of the child out of convenience... that is completely different.

LMAO....

It is not emotion Jarod... it is that "basic logic" you mention.

It is not logical to compare having the right to worship someone/something to someone having the right to take a life. One does not affect anyone but the individual. The other takes the life of a second individual.

As for your above example... I do support making the life of the woman and the life of the child equal. Meaning that if the womans life is in danger... she most certainly has the right to choose to protect her own life over the life of her child.

However, when it comes to taking the life of the child out of convenience... that is completely different.

Well, if Senator Obama was against the Late Term abortion bill for the stated reason that he felt it did not adaquetly protect for a situation where the life of the mother was at risk... Does that mean he supports late term abortion?

Most abortions are done at a point when they don't really AFFECT someone else. Most abortions are done in the first trimester, there is no SOMEONE there. The brain is not evolved enough for the other to be affected. And they are different from BORN people in that Born people are protected by the constitution whereas unborn are not.

Bush threatened to veto any war spending bill that called for benchmarks for future funding...

Does that mean Bush is against the Iraq war?

You really need to work on your analogies. They are horrid.

When the mothers life is in danger... her rights are not superceded by that of the child. She has the right to choose between her life and the childs. On this we agree.

The question is.... Should the unborn child be entitled to basic human rights?

That is the argument Jarod. Yes or no? If yes, then the mother should not have the right to end the kids life for any reason other than her life being in danger.

If no, then things should remain as they are today.

When you actually THINK LOGICALLY about this issue and take your emotion out of it. This is what the real debate should break down to. Genetics show the child to be human. It is obviously alive or you would not have to kill it. Thus... the question we must ask ourselves is should that child be entitled to basic human rights protections?

I think that there should be a law; war supporting murderers not allowed to pontificate on abortion. Penalty; beheading.

Cause it’s just sooo nauseating.

You really need to work on your analogies. They are horrid.

When the mothers life is in danger... her rights are not superceded by that of the child. She has the right to choose between her life and the childs. On this we agree.

The question is.... Should the unborn child be entitled to basic human rights?

That is the argument Jarod. Yes or no? If yes, then the mother should not have the right to end the kids life for any reason other than her life being in danger.

If no, then things should remain as they are today.

When you actually THINK LOGICALLY about this issue and take your emotion out of it. This is what the real debate should break down to. Genetics show the child to be human. It is obviously alive or you would not have to kill it. Thus... the question we must ask ourselves is should that child be entitled to basic human rights protections?

You are debating the abortion issue here and thats not what we are discussing. My point is that what you said was FACTUALLY WRONG. You said that because Senator Obama did not vote to pass the Late Term abortion bill he SUPPORTS ABORTION. That is not a logical fact.

One does not mean the other. You are emotional about the issue. The truth is that you are wrong and trying to confuse the issue. My analogies are achually very good. You are just pertending not to understand.

I think there should be a law: Abortion supporting murderers are not allowed to pontificate on the War. Penalty: Beheading.

Cause its just sooo nauseating.

Here is what you said.

OK, let me get specific. Here is my #1 social issue:

Abortion - Obama supports it and the denomination of the United Church of Christ supports it. Wright being a pastor there I would suppose he supports it. Whether Wright does or not doesn't really matter to me because Obama is the one I will have to decide to vote for or not.

What evidence do you have that Obama supports abortion?

You are debating the abortion issue here and thats not what we are discussing. My point is that what you said was FACTUALLY WRONG. You said that because Senator Obama did not vote to pass the Late Term abortion bill he SUPPORTS ABORTION. That is not a logical fact.

One does not mean the other. You are emotional about the issue. The truth is that you are wrong and trying to confuse the issue. My analogies are achually very good. You are just pertending not to understand.

1) I have not mentioned Obama at all, nor have I singled out late term abortions.

2) Again, I beleive I have stated the main issue of abortion quite clearly. Should an unborn child be entitled to basic human rights? yes or no. I believe that there are legitimate arguments to be made on both sides of this argument. Obviously I favor providing basic human rights protections to the child. But I recognize that others will have valid reasons for not supporting this.

3) No, your analogies have sucked.

Okay lets start over.... You have made a pigs breakfast out of this...

Here is what you said.

OK, let me get specific. Here is my #1 social issue:

Abortion - Obama supports it and the denomination of the United Church of Christ supports it. Wright being a pastor there I would suppose he supports it. Whether Wright does or not doesn't really matter to me because Obama is the one I will have to decide to vote for or not.

What evidence do you have that Obama supports abortion?

Okay leaning...

What evidence do you have that Senator Obama supports Abortion?

Back