Bay Area not maverick enough to read Palin book

meme

wow, how much more childish can they get..
people will just buy the book online, so cut off your nose to spite your face..lol
Liberalism is a mental disorder...

-------------------------------------------------------------------

e Rubenstein, Special to The Chronicle

Thursday, November 19, 2009

It might as well have cooties. Hardly anyone wants to touch the thing, or even get close to it.

The new autobiography by moose hunter and failed vice presidential candidate Sarah Palin is harder to find in the Bay Area than a hockey mom. Some bookstores figure it's one of those grit-your-teeth First Amendment deals that principled booksellers must put up with from time to time.

But many nonchain bookstores won't handle it.

"Our customers are thinking people," said Nathan Embretson, a bookseller at Pendragon Books in Oakland. "They're not into reading drivel."

There's not a single copy on the shelf. Embretson said no one has asked for it except for one guy, who was kidding.

"He said he wanted to look at it but he also said he didn't really want to read it," Embretson said. "Anyway, he certainly didn't want to buy it. I think he regarded looking at it as a kind of punishment."

There are no copies of the book at Cover to Cover Booksellers in Noe Valley, either.

"Anything like that we wouldn't carry," said clerk Emily Stackhouse. "We're a small store and it would probably gross us all out. Some things you carry because of freedom of speech, but a book like that is just gross."

One customer

lots of comments with article
Read more: http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2009/11/19/DDHJ1AMAC3.DTL#ixzz0XLIjAU9t

Last edited:
That's a classic example of an arrogant limosine liberal.
Her book is the no1 best seller. It's prob everywhere but the hippy shops in San Fran.
All they are doing with the whinning is making her more popular with non elitist.

That's a classic example of an arrogant limosine liberal.
Her book is the no1 best seller. It's prob everywhere but the hippy shops in San Fran.
All they are doing with the whinning is making her more popular with non elitist.

Yes & no.

While the limo liberal element is in there. Its also about the book itself. Its a political book by and about a republican. SF is a very liberal town. I wouldn't expect them to sell any copies anyway. If there are any conservatives in SF, they have learned to keep their head down, and would order it off Amazon.

Obama said he probably won't read it. Meantime the book is #1 on the best-seller list. The libs are pissed.:D

wow, how much more childish can they get..
people will just buy the book online, so cut off your nose to spite your face..lol
Liberalism is a mental disorder...

-------------------------------------------------------------------

e Rubenstein, Special to The Chronicle

Thursday, November 19, 2009

It might as well have cooties. Hardly anyone wants to touch the thing, or even get close to it.

The new autobiography by moose hunter and failed vice presidential candidate Sarah Palin is harder to find in the Bay Area than a hockey mom. Some bookstores figure it's one of those grit-your-teeth First Amendment deals that principled booksellers must put up with from time to time.

But many nonchain bookstores won't handle it.

"Our customers are thinking people," said Nathan Embretson, a bookseller at Pendragon Books in Oakland. "They're not into reading drivel."

There's not a single copy on the shelf. Embretson said no one has asked for it except for one guy, who was kidding.

"He said he wanted to look at it but he also said he didn't really want to read it," Embretson said. "Anyway, he certainly didn't want to buy it. I think he regarded looking at it as a kind of punishment."

There are no copies of the book at Cover to Cover Booksellers in Noe Valley, either.

"Anything like that we wouldn't carry," said clerk Emily Stackhouse. "We're a small store and it would probably gross us all out. Some things you carry because of freedom of speech, but a book like that is just gross."

One customer

lots of comments with article
Read more: http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2009/11/19/DDHJ1AMAC3.DTL#ixzz0XLIjAU9t

Palin had some excellent interviews this week, so anything the Dems do might backfire.

Unlikely. Cawacko is correct; the longer she's in the spotlight, the happier most liberals are.

It's minor, though. I don't think she does as much damage to the GOP as many think, but they do need some real leaders to step up & become the public face of the party.

I say the longer she is in the spotlight and the people see the hate directed at her not only by liberals, but by the supposedly non-biased lamestream news media the better for the GOP..

So keep up the good work..they said and did the same thing to Reagan..and we saw how that turned out..

I say the longer she is in the spotlight and the people see the hate directed at her not only by liberals, but by the supposedly non-biased lamestream news media the better for the GOP..

So keep up the good work..they said and did the same thing to Reagan..and we saw how that turned out..

No disrespect to Palin but Reagan she is not.

And even those who recognize she's getting F'd by the media does it mean they are more likely to vote for her or support her? As far as selling books goes it great. Her name recognition is sky high and she has probably lots of financially rewarding career choices she could make (outside of being a politician). As far as a run for President? She's going to need to step up to the plate and be able to win over more than just the Republican Base if she has any desire to occupy the oval office.

No disrespect to Palin but Reagan she is not.

And even those who recognize she's getting F'd by the media does it mean they are more likely to vote for her or support her? As far as selling books goes it great. Her name recognition is sky high and she has probably lots of financially rewarding career choices she could make (outside of being a politician). As far as a run for President? She's going to need to step up to the plate and be able to win over more than just the Republican Base if she has any desire to occupy the oval office.

I'm not saying she is running for anything, I'm talking about showing the Amercian people how the left sees and treat women from a conservative Republican background will be good for the Gop..who knows what Palin is going to do, she hasn't said she is running yet the left and the Democrat controlled media act like she is..

She showed her intellect in her recent interviews. She's not some dumb hick from Alaska as the stereotype the Lefties like to put on her.

I'm not saying she is running for anything, I'm talking about showing the Amercian people how the left sees and treat women from a conservative Republican background will be good for the Gop..who knows what Palin is going to do, she hasn't said she is running yet the left and the Democrat controlled media act like she is..

Isn't some kind of heresy to spell American incorrectly?

It's capitalism, the free markets at work.

I wouldn't try to sell a book about evolution, or try to explain how the earth isn't flat in the southern red states.

I say the more she pisses liberals off, the better. Judging by the reaction to all her interviews, the libs are plenty pissed.

So sad. Too bad.

Go Sarah, go Sarah! :good4u:

I say the more she pisses liberals off, the better. Judging by the reaction to all her interviews, the libs are plenty pissed.

So sad. Too bad.

Go Sarah, go Sarah! :good4u:

and their old tired line, I hope she runs we will win..well if they really felt that way they wouldn't be going out of their way now to try and DESTROY her..but guess what, she isn't going anywhere...I hope to see some lefty mental breakdowns before the next Presidential election..some are getting close already..like the author of this article I posted..lol

and their old tired line, I hope she runs we will win..well if they really felt that way they wouldn't be going out of their way now to try and DESTROY her..but guess what, she isn't going anywhere...I hope to see some lefty mental breakdowns before the next Presidential election..some are getting close already..like the author of this article I posted..lol

Watch Chris Matthews. I think he's going to pop an aneurysm any moment; well either that or wet himself.

They're trying so desperately to downplay her and villify her it just makes me laugh. For someone who is SOOOOOOOOO inconsequential, she sure has a lot of men's bowels in an uproar, and Liberal women going for makeovers!

She's got a rockin' bod and she's had 4 kids. The liberal women are melting like the Wicked Witch on the Wizard of Oz.

Watch Chris Matthews. I think he's going to pop an aneurysm any moment; well either that or wet himself.

They're trying so desperately to downplay her and villify her it just makes me laugh. For someone who is SOOOOOOOOO inconsequential, she sure has a lot of men's bowels in an uproar, and Liberal women going for makeovers!

She's got a rockin' bod and she's had 4 kids. The liberal women are melting like the Wicked Witch on the Wizard of Oz.

Yep, she is everything a liberal-lefties can't stand, honest, tough as nails, great looking and she had the nerve to keep a disabled baby..

It's capitalism, the free markets at work.

I wouldn't try to sell a book about evolution, or try to explain how the earth isn't flat in the southern red states.

There are no dumbasses in cali, the bankrupt state
Ya'll have gangs galore, prisons galore and a fair share of rightwingers too.

Back