Better option healthcare plan

flaja

Better healthcare plan:

1. Get married and stay married and don’t produce children otherwise since divorce and illegitimacy are the chief causes of poverty which makes healthcare beyond the reach of so many people.

2. Abolish tobacco products.

3. Greatly limit the consumption of alcohol.

4. Mandate that everyone exercise on a regular basis.

5. Abolish junk food, i.e., anything with high fructose corn syrup, palm kernel oil and hydrogenated vegetable oil.

6. Execute any drug addict that fails their first attempt at rehabilitation- they won’t do anything but drain healthcare resources anyway.

7. Execute all malpractice attorneys.

8. Revoke the medical licenses of incompetent doctors, nurses, pharmacists etcetera.

9. Make women stay home and raise their children while learning to get by on their husband’s income, i.e., tell their bratty children to learn to do without; the chief reason why so many people in this country cannot afford healthcare is that Americans are greedy and they spend their money more on things they want rather than things they need and then they expect the government to make up the difference.

Better healthcare plan:

1. Get married and stay married and don’t produce children otherwise since divorce and illegitimacy are the chief causes of poverty which makes healthcare beyond the reach of so many people.

5. Abolish junk food, i.e., anything with high fructose corn syrup, palm kernel oil and hydrogenated vegetable oil.

6. Execute any drug addict that fails their first attempt at rehabilitation- they won’t do anything but drain healthcare resources anyway.

8. Revoke the medical licenses of incompetent doctors, nurses, pharmacists etcetera.

9. Make women stay home and raise their children while learning to get by on their husband’s income, i.e., tell their bratty children to learn to do without; the chief reason why so many people in this country cannot afford healthcare is that Americans are greedy and they spend their money more on things they want rather than things they need and then they expect the government to make up the difference.

Quoted for idiocy.

Better healthcare plan:

this is the republican healthcare plan?

Good job, because I haven't heard republicans offer one single solution, until now. All I've heard is Con complaints about Communist French healthcare.

This sounds good. You should get John Boner and Mitch McConnel to run with this.

It is amazing how so many people cannot recognize satire and resort to insults to mask their lack of comprehension.

Much of what I include here is designed to illustrate absurdity by being absurd, but what I propose here likely isn’t any worse than what Obama and Co. will end up shoving down our throats.

It is amazing how so many people cannot recognize satire and resort to insults to mask their lack of comprehension.

Much of what I include here is designed to illustrate absurdity by being absurd, but what I propose here likely isn’t any worse than what Obama and Co. will end up shoving down our throats.

What you're proposing isn't any worse? Whhhaaaa?

I thought what you said was hilarious. Some people, especially libs, don't have a sense of humor.

More and more people are rejecting Obama's plan, once they have seen how costly it will be.

I thought what you said was hilarious. Some people, especially libs, don't have a sense of humor.

More and more people are rejecting Obama's plan, once they have seen how costly it will be.

Underlying what I said here is the fact that healthcare in America is so costly in part because of our lifestyle. The number 1 killer of Americans apart from old age is heart disease and heart disease is caused mostly by lifestyle- we smoke, we eat too much, we eat un-nutritious foods and we don’t exercise and the results are obesity, high blood pressure and clogged arteries.

But I seriously doubt that any healthcare plan that the government comes up with will address the lifestyle issues that drain healthcare resources.

I am in a rough situation healthcare-wise so I have mixed feelings about the issue. After working 40-60 hours a week for 30 years my mother had to take medical retirement due to lupus. She gets an SSI disability pension and thus is on Medicare. Few companies in Florida will write Medicare supplemental policies and after a series of surgeries and hospital stays she has more in medical bills than some people will earn in half a lifetime.

I am an only child and thus I am my mother’s only caregiver. There have been times when she has been practically bedridden and this means I had to give up my work as a school teacher/private tutor which means I have no health insurance because we simply cannot afford it. I went 23 years without any illness serious enough to warrant medical attention, but last September I had a bout with pneumonia that either triggered or was triggered by congestive heart failure. I don’t have clogged arteries or a problem with cholesterol and with a vegetable garden and an inherited 3/4 acre lot to keep mowed I am more physically active than many other Americans are. My lifestyle did not cause my heart failure; I have a leaky aortic valve that allows blood to flow back into my heart. The condition weakened my heart to the point that I spent several months facing the possibility of open heart surgery to replace the aorta and even though my heart function has normalized with medication I still must take medication to control my blood pressure (which wouldn’t be high without medication if I were otherwise healthy). But the long and short of the situation is that I had to enroll in my local city government’s version of Medicaid when I had to be hospitalized with no insurance, and even if I could work full time I could have a hard time getting health care insurance now because of my pre-existing medical problem.

The country spends too much on healthcare and too many people do not have adequate healthcare. Something must be done, but I seriously doubt that anything the government comes up with will work.

Better healthcare plan:

Normally, I'd laugh this off as a good spoof....but given that SO MANY people have seriously voiced similar sentiments in real life, I just find this a little scary.

Underlying what I said here is the fact that healthcare in America is so costly in part because of our lifestyle. The number 1 killer of Americans apart from old age is heart disease and heart disease is caused mostly by lifestyle- we smoke, we eat too much, we eat un-nutritious foods and we don’t exercise and the results are obesity, high blood pressure and clogged arteries.

But I seriously doubt that any healthcare plan that the government comes up with will address the lifestyle issues that drain healthcare resources.

I am in a rough situation healthcare-wise so I have mixed feelings about the issue. After working 40-60 hours a week for 30 years my mother had to take medical retirement due to lupus. She gets an SSI disability pension and thus is on Medicare. Few companies in Florida will write Medicare supplemental policies and after a series of surgeries and hospital stays she has more in medical bills than some people will earn in half a lifetime.

I am an only child and thus I am my mother’s only caregiver. There have been times when she has been practically bedridden and this means I had to give up my work as a school teacher/private tutor which means I have no health insurance because we simply cannot afford it. I went 23 years without any illness serious enough to warrant medical attention, but last September I had a bout with pneumonia that either triggered or was triggered by congestive heart failure. I don’t have clogged arteries or a problem with cholesterol and with a vegetable garden and an inherited 3/4 acre lot to keep mowed I am more physically active than many other Americans are. My lifestyle did not cause my heart failure; I have a leaky aortic valve that allows blood to flow back into my heart. The condition weakened my heart to the point that I spent several months facing the possibility of open heart surgery to replace the aorta and even though my heart function has normalized with medication I still must take medication to control my blood pressure (which wouldn’t be high without medication if I were otherwise healthy). But the long and short of the situation is that I had to enroll in my local city government’s version of Medicaid when I had to be hospitalized with no insurance, and even if I could work full time I could have a hard time getting health care insurance now because of my pre-existing medical problem.

The country spends too much on healthcare and too many people do not have adequate healthcare. Something must be done, but I seriously doubt that anything the government comes up with will work.

A very good friend of mine is going through the same thing and I have empathy for you. We do need to reform our health care in a big way, but I can't accept the Obama plan as presented. Hopefully, there will be some compromises and everyone will be happy.

Back