Bhutto's Son To Lead Her Party

Damocles

Accedo!
Staff member
http://www.cnn.com/2007/WORLD/asiapcf/12/30/pakistan.politics/index.html

NAUDERO, Pakistan (CNN) -- Benazir Bhutto's 19-year-old son will succeed her as chairman of the Pakistan People's Party, which will take part in upcoming elections, officials announced Sunday.

Bilawal Zardari, speaking in English at a news conference, said: "I am thankful for the CEC (Central Election Commission) for imposing their trust in me as chairman of the Pakistan People's Party."

"Like all chairmen of the PPP, I will stand as the symbol of the federation. The party's long and historic struggle for democracy will continue with renewed vigor, and I stand committed to the stability of the federation.

"My mother always said democracy is the best revenge."

More at link...

I thought his mother had a death wish when she came back into the country. And did a stand-up act where she claimed women are treated well in that part of the world. Was I the only one not surprised by her death?

My mother said she heard about it on the news and told me so when I heard that I wasn't surprised at all. I guess she figured it was her way of being safe or something. About the kid I feel bad for him. He hasn't really had time to live. College, date, hang with friends. Ya know? He now has all this responsibility on his shoulders and as baka said a death wish. I wonder if he had a choice in the matter either way.

I thought his mother had a death wish when she came back into the country. And did a stand-up act where she claimed women are treated well in that part of the world. Was I the only one not surprised by her death?

Back