Biden keeps the hits comin'!

RockX

Banned
Joe Biden - "We're not supporting clean coal," Biden can be seen telling a voter. "No coal plants here in America."

That position would be at odds with Obama's. The Illinois senator has supported clean coal efforts in his home state and said in his acceptance speech at last month's Democratic convention that as president he would invest in the technology. It's politically significant, because coal remains a key industry in the western part of Virginia, in Ohio, and elsewhere.

Joe Biden - Interview with Katie Couric on the role of the White House in a financial crisis.

"When the stock market crashed, Franklin Roosevelt got on the television and didn't just talk about the princes of greed," Biden told Couric. "He said, 'Look, here's what happened.'"

Fact - Franklin Roosevelt didn’t become president in 1929 during the crash. He won the 1932 election and took office in 1933, largely because of the 1929 crash and the incompetent protectionist policies that transformed it into a Great Depression.

Fact - Televison was still an experimental medium and wouldn’t be introduced to the public for at least another decade.

:lmao:
View attachment 42

If Obama's campaign was smart they would too. And then they would figure out how to deflate him. LIberals are too proud to listen to him because they think he is so wrong that they should not even respond to him because no one could possibly take anything he has to say serious, and there is NO WAY someone that is still undecided would EVER listen to him.

If Obama's campaign was smart they would too. And then they would figure out how to deflate him. LIberals are too proud to listen to him because they think he is so wrong that they should not even respond to him because no one could possibly take anything he has to say serious, and there is NO WAY someone that is still undecided would EVER listen to him.

The guy is a lot of hot air but he does occassionally have some pretty good political insights. I can imagine as a liberal it would be frustrating listening to him. There are liberal talk shows I listen to that I find frustrating but listen to nonetheless because it presents another viewpoint.

The guy is a lot of hot air but he does occassionally have some pretty good political insights. I can imagine as a liberal it would be frustrating listening to him. There are liberal talk shows I listen to that I find frustrating but listen to nonetheless because it presents another viewpoint.
And I think that even though you take mostly conservative points in debates in here, but I also think you are a reasonably well read rational conservative with moderate views on many things. You have never been one to strike me as a Bush goober smooching kool aid drinking goose stepper.

And I think that even though you take mostly conservative points in debates in here, but I also think you are a reasonably well read rational conservative with moderate views on many things. You have never been one to strike me as a Bush goober smooching kool aid drinking goose stepper.

I can be as a big a partisan hack as the next guy and imho these type of boards tend to bring out the partisan in all of us but I like hearing arguments from smart people on opposite sides of the political spectrum as I think its a great way to learn.

And if I may return the compliment while you may lean left I definitely respect that you have positions that aren't out of the left's playbook. Partisans from both sides can shout past each other without hearing a thing. jmo but I find it more interesting when people hold views that aren't the traditional ones within their party. You are like that which is why I like reading your posts.

I can be as a big a partisan hack as the next guy and imho these type of boards tend to bring out the partisan in all of us but I like hearing arguments from smart people on opposite sides of the political spectrum as I think its a great way to learn.
Well, here conservatism presented intelligently is hard to come by, but Damo, you, Chap, SF, manage to do alright. Too bad Gentoo and Stories4u aren't around anymore. I'm not up to your guy's level, but at least I am highly literate, ruling out Majority, Dixie, Bravo, Acorn, et. al.

So has this thread turned into a complete circle jerk, or what?

I think it is amazing how pinheads will flock to vote for this fool, and have the nerve to say Palin and myself are uninformed morons. I can't wait for her to nail his sexist plagiarizing ass in the debates, but of course, the pinheads will find some morsel of insignificance about Palin to rail on after the slaughter. He can be an absolute bumbling idiot, and they will all be yammering about how she overlooked some trivial detail that they didn't even know before the debate.

And Threedee, you're not that fucking brilliant. I bet I have more classroom hours than you do, and a wider range of subjects. You've learned a little history, but unfortunately, it is tainted by your personal perspectives on it. Other than that, you are about as clueless as the pinheads. You maybe could hold your own in a debate with Darla, but that ain't saying much.

You maybe could hold your own in a debate with Darla, but that ain't saying much.

You mean, that isn't saying much. By literate, I just mean that I write good sentences and paragraphs in my posts. I absolutely hate seeing some of the structure that many people who claim to be on the right fail to employ when they post their little diatribes against commiez, assholes, pinheads, and so forth. There's room for shorthand and abreviations, especially in one-line comments, but it can get out of hand really fast.

Also, I wouldn't mention the scope of my intellect when you consider your track record in the area of fractions.

I think it is amazing how pinheads will flock to vote for this fool, and have the nerve to say Palin and myself are uninformed morons. I can't wait for her to nail his sexist plagiarizing ass in the debates, but of course, the pinheads will find some morsel of insignificance about Palin to rail on after the slaughter. He can be an absolute bumbling idiot, and they will all be yammering about how she overlooked some trivial detail that they didn't even know before the debate.

And Threedee, you're not that fucking brilliant. I bet I have more classroom hours than you do, and a wider range of subjects. You've learned a little history, but unfortunately, it is tainted by your personal perspectives on it. Other than that, you are about as clueless as the pinheads. You maybe could hold your own in a debate with Darla, but that ain't saying much.

1/3.

I'm going to spin your head a little Dix.

11/7

Dixie---you have more wisdom in the chunks of your stool than these commies can relate to. May be they (the chunks in your stool--and the libs on this board) can have a good debate together.

Dixie---you have more wisdom in the chunks of your stool than these commies can relate to. May be they (the chunks in your stool--and the libs on this board) can have a good debate together.
At least the chunks of his stool that end up on your dick huh?

You mean, that isn't saying much. By literate, I just mean that I write good sentences and paragraphs in my posts. I absolutely hate seeing some of the structure that many people who claim to be on the right fail to employ when they post their little diatribes against commiez, assholes, pinheads, and so forth. There's room for shorthand and abreviations, especially in one-line comments, but it can get out of hand really fast.

Also, I wouldn't mention the scope of my intellect when you consider your track record in the area of fractions.

TD, I'll bet you just made at least 3 grammatical errors in your post, not to mention two misspellings.... in fact, your moniker is even misspelled. When you decide to be an English Nazi, it's always a good idea to use proper English.

As for fractional representations, I am very familiar with them. There seems to be an abundance of misunderstanding here, and I have yet to be refuted on the Great 1/3 Debate. In essence, it is a complete failure to comprehend or understand that it isn't a 'math' problem at all, it is a 'psychology' problem.

Back