Biden pick shows lack of confidence

RockX

Banned
Analysis: Biden pick shows lack of confidence

By RON FOURNIER, Associated Press WriterSat Aug 23, 5:02 AM ET

The candidate of change went with the status quo.

In picking Sen. Joe Biden to be his running mate, Barack Obama sought to shore up his weakness — inexperience in office and on foreign policy — rather than underscore his strength as a new-generation candidate defying political conventions.

He picked a 35-year veteran of the Senate — the ultimate insider — rather than a candidate from outside Washington, such as Govs. Tim Kaine of Virginia or Kathleen Sebelius of Kansas; or from outside his party, such as Sen. Chuck Hagel of Nebraska; or from outside the mostly white male club of vice presidential candidates. Hillary Rodham Clinton didn't even make his short list.

The picks say something profound about Obama: For all his self-confidence, the 47-year-old Illinois senator worried that he couldn't beat Republican John McCain without help from a seasoned politician willing to attack. The Biden selection is the next logistical step in an Obama campaign that has become more negative — a strategic decision that may be necessary but threatens to run counter to his image.

So the question is whether Biden's depth counters Obama's inexperience — or highlights it?

After all, Biden is anything but a change agent, having been in office longer than half of all Americans have been alive. Longer than McCain.

And he talks too much.

On the same day he announced his second bid for the presidency, Biden found himself explaining why he had described Obama as "clean."

And there's the 2007 ABC interview in which Biden said he would stand by an earlier statement that Obama was not ready to serve as president.

It seems Obama is worried that some voters are starting to agree.

http://tinyurl.com/4xb6z7

LOL

The AP is doing a hit job on the Obama/Biden ticket.

I heard him announce Biden as the Next President... Vice President of the United States.

A bit of a Freudian slip maybe?

I can see it now....

Obama Campaign Manager's Assistant: "Well, we're dropping in the polls. What are we missing here?"

Flunky #2: "We've got the most exciting candidate in a Century or more, we should be kicking as# and taking names!"

Obama Campaign Manager's Assistant: "That's it! What this campaign needs is a healthy dose of boring! Who was that guy that said our candidate was "clean""?

That's not even remotely funny. What's up with you lately? All you do is encourage the trolls.

Your board is tanking. It's only a matter of time now before it goes the way of FP.
Please. You come on here and insult us all and don't expect an answer back? When did your skin become the thinnest in history?

Why are you so fricking weak lately? Every post to me is how I am hurting your feelings!

Please. You come on here and insult us all and don't expect an answer back? When did your skin become the thinnest in history?

Why are you so fricking weak lately? Every post to me is how I am hurting your feelings!

Where did I say that I didn't expect an answer back, or that you're hurting my feelings?

You're completely retarded. That's all I was saying; that your answer was stupid, and not even remotely funny. It was pre-adolescent. I'm not sure why, but I expected something a little smarter from you.

No worries on that. I don't have those kind of expectations from you anymore.

Personally, I'm happy with the pick. Obama needs someone with a little more fire to balance him out.

Where did I say that I didn't expect an answer back, or that you're hurting my feelings?

You're completely retarded. That's all I was saying; that your answer was stupid, and not even remotely funny. It was pre-adolescent. I'm not sure why, but I expected something a little smarter from you.

No worries on that. I don't have those kind of expectations from you anymore.
Again. Your post that I answered, I answered it in the same manner you posted. If you think it juvenile a bit of introspection may be necessary.

Enter Onceler, "You are all stupid!"

Damocles (rolling eyes), "Yeah, so are you!"

Onceler (tears barely held back), "How juvenile! How could you call me that?!!111shiftplusone!! You like the trolls more than you like me!!"

Back