Biden: ‘We Have to Go Spend Money to Keep From Going Bankrupt’

red states rule

Reminds me of the infantry Colonel in Viet Nam, when interviewed, he said: "We had to destroy that village in order to save it"

Joe Biden: ‘We Have to Go Spend Money to Keep From Going Bankrupt’
Thursday, July 16, 2009
By Penny Starr, Senior Staff Writer

Vice President Joe Biden (Photo by Penny Starr/CNSNews.com) (CNSNews.com) – Vice President Joe Biden told people attending an AARP town hall meeting that unless the Democrat-supported health care plan becomes law the nation will go bankrupt and that the only way to avoid that fate is for the government to spend more money.

“And folks look, AARP knows and the people with me here today know, the president knows, and I know, that the status quo is simply not acceptable,” Biden said at the event on Thursday in Alexandria, Va. “It’s totally unacceptable. And it’s completely unsustainable. Even if we wanted to keep it the way we have it now. It can’t do it financially.”

http://www.cnsnews.com/public/content/article.aspx?RsrcID=51162

This administration had it dumped on them. No stepping in was required.
I have no idea why anyone would want the job this time around.

Yea, Bush had a $500 billion defict - Obama has a $2 trillion deficit

Bush had a 2.9 trillion budget - Obama will a budget near $4 trillion

The lame excuse that this is all Bush's fault ended with the so called stimulus bill that Obama said would fix everything and keep unemployemnt below 8%

Dems own this economy, and the declining pol numbers show the American people are getting fed up with excesive spending, and the coming higher taxes

yeah, obama being in the senate had NOTHING to do with anything :rolleyes:

i don't understand why the dems are so whiney and so afraid of taking responsibility, i guess it is easier to blame others

i don't understand why the dems are so whiney and so afraid of taking responsibility, i guess it is easier to blame others

I'm running out of spending money.

Will someone loan me a couple hundred thousand? I promise I'll repay it when the cows come home.

Yea, Bush had a $500 billion defict - Obama has a $2 trillion deficit

Bush had a 2.9 trillion budget - Obama will a budget near $4 trillion

The lame excuse that this is all Bush's fault ended with the so called stimulus bill that Obama said would fix everything and keep unemployemnt below 8%

Dems own this economy, and the declining pol numbers show the American people are getting fed up with excesive spending, and the coming higher taxes

Bush: 5 trillion more in national debt in 8 years.

So it was bad when Bush ran up debt - but OK when Obama and the Dem Congress does it?

BTW, the last 2 years of Bush, it was Dems who wrote all the spending bills, and approved all the debt that was added

So much for the hope and change. In reality, it is NO HOPE AND POCKET CHANGE

Last edited:
“And folks look, AARP knows and the people with me here today know, the president knows, and I know, that the status quo is simply not acceptable,” Biden said at the event on Thursday in Alexandria, Va. “It’s totally unacceptable. And it’s completely unsustainable. Even if we wanted to keep it the way we have it now. It can’t do it financially.”
the status he is "quo"ing is the unfettered spending we've seen in recent months.....he's right, it isn't sustainable....

Of course; its hard to take personal responsibility, which is why liberals refuse to do it. *shrug*

And we're already halfway there with this one less than a year into his Presidency with a Congress already talking about a second stimulus. *Whew* saved from overspending by spending more.

We're SAVED! Now that's CHANGE!

Yet the liberal media focuses on Sarah Palin, who lost the election and resigned from public office.

She has no power and none in the near future.

Joe Biden is one heartbeat away from being President of the United States..
where is the media outrage about Obama's judgment in selecting him?

Back