Big layoffs in our future?

evince

Truthmatters
http://www.financialweek.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20080128/REG/600868279/1036

Layoffs coming, and in large numbers, survey finds

By Mark Bruno
January 28, 2008

Corporate executives are poised to start making substantial cutbacks in their staffing, according to a new forecast by employment consulting and legal firm Career Protection.

In fact, the firm is predicting a 37% increase in layoffs this year over last, based on a survey of more than 1,300 corporate executives and senior level officials that was conducted earlier this month.

Ahhhh----that has been happening for almost 10 years now---huge layoff and job losses in Michigan--and it did not hurt the people at all (which some would like you to believe). I said that will happen with a lot of indsutries and spread through out the USA and other inductrialized nations run by the elite--and it is because of irresponsible globalization--I am sure of it.

Here is comes boys---1929

Pull your money now--and lets get it over with so we can start to prosper again. Hopefully the greed will stay in, and hopefully sink with the ship.

There are dumb asses like topspin that think it makes a difference if your blue collar or white collar. It does not matter what color your shirt is---they are losing their jobs. I have no idea what field of work one would advise their children to get into today---accept politics.

Now---lets impliment a expensive national health care system on the backs of the remaining productive people--and see how that goes. Your gonna see one goofy liberial siocial program that people can't afford--after another as the economy is sabatoged----for the eliet globalists.

Last edited:
minority you are a tool.
if your over 30 your an embarassment to your friends and family.
Your so stupid you should be banned from discussions on the economy.

Ford is offering buyout packages to all of it's union employees. They average $70/hr LLR, and they will be replaced with $40/HR LLR employees.

Top that serves no purpose.

Majority just needs to take in all the facts and keep pressing himself to understand the issues in full.

Chapfucius says: companies with positive financials and job openings who have layoffs during corrective markets are merely cleaning out the basement.

yeah merely cleaning out the basements.

This will exsacerbate the housing fall.

It will keep the cycle going.

Im really glad it they are doing it so they can improve their CEOs year end package. Those guys needed more money.

just a point to consider next time you here about a layoff. I have been involved with selection process and believe me.. its bottom performers 9/10 times.

as I have said the inevitable result of a global economy is to lower the standards of the richest countries and boost the standards in the lower ones. And no it is not a zero sum game but not too far from one.

just a point to consider next time you here about a layoff. I have been involved with selection process and believe me.. its bottom performers 9/10 times.

Yep I have seen it many times as well and usually those laid off are replaced by lower paid employees.

I have been involved with a mega corp for many years and it has become pretty much at least an annual thing.

$40/Hr to twist bolts? I'd go for it.

darn don't you understand LLR any economics person should know that appreviation. It is loaded labor Rate. Including retirement, ins benefits SS, etc.

sheesh. you would probably be paid about $20/HR at tops.

Less money to spend in a 2/3 consumer spending based economy.

Stupid nonsense. "Globalization" is not to blame. You protectionist retards should be happy since our trade deficit will be going down.

So long as the government does not do too much "to fix things" the economy will more than likely rebound quickly. The depression was the result of protectionist morons and central planning turning a recession into a meltdown.

Stupid nonsense. "Globalization" is not to blame. You protectionist retards should be happy since our trade deficit will be going down.

So long as the government does not do too much "to fix things" the economy will more than likely rebound quickly. The depression was the result of protectionist morons and central planning turning a recession into a meltdown.

And that is the only possible way to get into a depression ?

darn don't you understand LLR any economics person should know that appreviation. It is loaded labor Rate. Including retirement, ins benefits SS, etc.

sheesh. you would probably be paid about $20/HR at tops.

Less money to spend in a 2/3 consumer spending based economy.
Again, $40/hr to twist bolts. I'd go for it.

40K per year ($20/hr pay, plus benefits) is pretty good for non-specialized labor. Including the benefits and SS, not too bad. That I didn't add "LLR" doesn't mean I don't understand what it meant. It just means I think that is a pretty fair wage for the nature of the work.

And chappy here is what you posted on Nov 29, 2007.

"Economy best in four years
Despite hit from housing and credit markets, economy grew at 4.9% rate in third quarter, matching forecasts."

Back