Bill Clinton urges monogamy to fight AIDS

Little-Acorn

Clinton urges monogamy Health services key to AIDS fight

In a related story, Al Gore urged people to drive small cars, not leave their engines running, and to cut down the carbon footprints of their houses.

In another related story, Lee Harvey Oswald urged people to respect American heads of state and to do nothing that might imperil them.

In another related story, Josef Stalin urged people to push for freedom and democracy, and to overthrow any dictatorships they might find.

I could go on... but can anyone tell where the dividing line falls between stories that are flat-out false, and those that are true but merely sound like they must be a lie, in any sane world?

You can't make this stuff up, folks. At least, not the top two stories, both of which are actualy true, unlikely as they may seem. :lol:

-----------------------------------------

http://www.thespec.com/News/CanadaWorld/article/414572

Clinton urges monogamy Health services key to AIDS fight

Alexandre Meneghini, the Associated Press
Jeremy Laurence
The Independent, London
(Aug 6, 2008)

Bill Clinton made a plea yesterday for a new emphasis on monogamy as a key element in the battle against AIDS. The former U.S. president, not noted for his ability to keep his own marriage vows, said it was very important to change people's attitudes to sex.

85c6cf5a4929bf027b0a188c8b1f.jpeg

In an interview with the BBC, recorded in Africa, Clinton told his interviewer that increasing support for monogamy was not just a problem for the continent worst hit by AIDS, but for the world.

"To pretend we can ever get hold of this without dealing with that -- the idea of unprotected sexual relations with unlimited numbers of partners -- I think would be naive."

Experts believe that although there is no evidence that Africans have more sex, the nature of their sexual relationships may help to explain the high rate of AIDS on the continent. Research suggests there is a higher frequency of overlapping sexual partnerships, creating sexual networks that, from an epidemiological point of view, are more efficient at spreading infection.

Serial monogamy and sporadic one-off sexual encounters, as practised in the West, are less effective at spreading infection.

Clinton said the main challenge to fighting AIDS in Africa was improving health services.

I know the purpose of this post is to "Al Gore" Bill Clinton but seriously, people can know what is necessary/helpful and still not do it themselves. There is no doubt that people in monogamous relationships are far less likely to develop AIDS than those who aren't. It is not a bad message.......even from Bill Clinton. This is another thing that those on the right will have fun with even though it is spot on. I, for one, applaud him for having the guts to say it.

I know the purpose of this post is to "Al Gore" Bill Clinton but seriously, people can know what is necessary/helpful and still not do it themselves. There is no doubt that people in monogamous relationships are far less likely to develop AIDS than those who aren't. It is not a bad message.......even from Bill Clinton. This is another thing that those on the right will have fun with even though it is spot on. I, for one, applaud him for having the guts to say it.

I think it's important to keep in mind too, that Clinton does global aids work, and it's targeted at Africa. In Africa, there is a cultural mindset against using condoms, and an Aids epidemic.

Acorn you are a moron.

If Rush Limbaugh came out with a "Just Say No to Drugs" campaign, wouldn't people be laughing just as hard?

I'm not a republican and I find the idea of Bill Clinton campaigning for monogamy to be hilarious. This does not mean its a bad idea or that fighting the AIDs epidemic is not noble work.

But come on people, funny is funny.

Back