Bill Maher mocks GOP for worshipping Trump after rally shooting

NakedHunterBiden

“It’s the Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown”

Comedian and TV personality Bill Maher had choice words for former President Trump and his Republican supporters evoking religious symbols after last week’s failed assassination attempt.

Maher, on Friday’s edition of “Real Time with Bill Maher,” highlighted examples of Republican lawmakers and Trump supporters that have indulged in “magical thinking,” saying God protected the former president last weekend when a bullet grazed his ear at a rally outside Pittsburgh.

He argued that as the former president’s allies continue suggesting God helped to keep him alive, the lines are blurring. Now, Maher added, people are seeing Trump as a deity, too.

“My point is that Donald Trump, even if you like him, is powerful enough as a past president, a likely future president, and to be perfectly frank, a cult leader,” Maher said. “America doesn’t need a demigod.”

Yeah, I watched that. It's kind of sobering how quickly the GQP lined up to create a "miracle" story out of DJT's assassination attempt.

All of this blather about "flag angels" and how God protected his chosen one kind of fall flat when you realize some poor innocent firefighter (who actually probably did more for humanity on any given day than Trump has in his entire life) was killed in the same "miracle" event.

But MAGA Nation is primed 100% for worshipping Trump. This only fits into their narrative anyway. This cult of personality stuff is really scary to watch and when it gets really going bad things usually end up happening.

I've never seen a Pres. invoke God as much as Catholic Saint Joe. :palm:

Maher has no comment on that and neither do you white lib soulless atheists.

Comedian and TV personality Bill Maher had choice words for former President Trump and his Republican supporters evoking religious symbols after last week’s failed assassination attempt.

Maher, on Friday’s edition of “Real Time with Bill Maher,” highlighted examples of Republican lawmakers and Trump supporters that have indulged in “magical thinking,” saying God protected the former president last weekend when a bullet grazed his ear at a rally outside Pittsburgh.

He argued that as the former president’s allies continue suggesting God helped to keep him alive, the lines are blurring. Now, Maher added, people are seeing Trump as a deity, too.

“My point is that Donald Trump, even if you like him, is powerful enough as a past president, a likely future president, and to be perfectly frank, a cult leader,” Maher said. “America doesn’t need a demigod.”

Yeah, I watched that. It's kind of sobering how quickly the GQP lined up to create a "miracle" story out of DJT's assassination attempt.

All of this blather about "flag angels" and how God protected his chosen one kind of fall flat when you realize some poor innocent firefighter (who actually probably did more for humanity on any given day than Trump has in his entire life) was killed in the same "miracle" event.

But MAGA Nation is primed 100% for worshipping Trump. This only fits into their narrative anyway. This cult of personality stuff is really scary to watch and when it gets really going bad things usually end up happening.
That’s how religious people tend to work. If something unexpected and GOOD happens it’s because of God. If something unexpected and BAD happens it’s satan or Baal or whatever.

Nothing is just chance.

I don't have any real memory of Joe going on excessively about God (certainly nothing like this on the MAGA side):

61O897woytL._AC_UF894,1000_QL80_.jpg

Invoking God is one thing.

When you've got millions of fruitcakes claiming God's hand altered the path of the bullet that would have killed him otherwise, you're talking about North Korea style deification of a politician. .

This is a painting some nutcase did.

I turned into the meme....

8xmim1.jpg

Yeah, Biden's invoked God over his entire lifetime. trump paid lip service once, after getting his ear pierced.

Invoking God is one thing.

When you've got millions of fruitcakes claiming God's hand altered the path of the bullet that would have killed him otherwise, you're talking about North Korea style deification of a politician. .

This is a painting some nutcase did.

I turned into the meme....
Democrats called Obama the Messiah. :palm:

White libs crawl up every Black preachers' ass.

Pelosi and Biden claim their ethics are unimpeachable because they are Catholic.

Back