Black Hole

Damocles

Accedo!
Staff member
http://cityhallblog.dallasnews.com/archives/2008/07/dallas-county-meeting-turns-ra.html

A special meeting about Dallas County traffic tickets turned tense and bizarre this afternoon.

County commissioners were discussing problems with the central collections office that is used to process traffic ticket payments and handle other paperwork normally done by the JP Courts.

Commissioner Kenneth Mayfield, who is white, said it seemed that central collections "has become a black hole" because paperwork reportedly has become lost in the office.

Commissioner John Wiley Price, who is black, interrupted him with a loud "Excuse me!" He then corrected his colleague, saying the office has become a "white hole."

That prompted Judge Thomas Jones, who is black, to demand an apology from Mayfield for his racially insensitive analogy.

Mayfield shot back that it was a figure of speech and a science term. A black hole, according to Webster's, is perhaps "the invisible remains of a collapsed star, with an intense gravitational field from which neither light nor matter can escape."

Other county officials quickly interceded to break it up and get the meeting back on track. TV news cameras were rolling, after all.

Hey Damo, quit cock blocking bro. There was no need to go there talking about my two beautiful ladies. And I know you know who they are. NJ and NYC. F U colorado you damn hippie.

Hey Damo, quit cock blocking bro. There was no need to go there talking about my two beautiful ladies. And I know you know who they are. NJ and NYC. F U colorado you damn hippie.

Ah ha, so you were out and about in the early morning hours.

Man do I wish. September 15 is what they are telling me. Chapdog, remember that night you were drinking and offered to take me to a Red Sox game?

My next game is July 26th 4pm fox Sox Yanks game. IM pretty pumped. Then i head to Texas for business-trip for a week, then have cold play concert aug 4th in the garden, another sox game Aug 13th against tx, then heading to marthas vinyard for a week.

Nice!

Drunken posts.

Thanks Cawacko!

My next game is July 26th 4pm fox Sox Yanks game. IM pretty pumped. Then i head to Texas for business-trip for a week, then have cold play concert aug 4th in the garden, another sox game Aug 13th against tx, then heading to marthas vinyard for a week.

That's a good schedule. Did you get me a ticket for the 26th???

That's a good schedule. Did you get me a ticket for the 26th???

These tix are in right field box. I only got 2 and i already sold the other tic to my buddy at the beginning of the season. Im working on getting my ass higher in the company so i can use the EMC club more frequently tho.

These tix are in right field box. I only got 2 and i already sold the other tic to my buddy at the beginning of the season. Im working on getting my ass higher in the company so i can use the EMC club more frequently tho.

emc, like the tech company? man I got my ass killed in 2000 on your stock. I was an idiot.

http://cityhallblog.dallasnews.com/archives/2008/07/dallas-county-meeting-turns-ra.html

A special meeting about Dallas County traffic tickets turned tense and bizarre this afternoon.

County commissioners were discussing problems with the central collections office that is used to process traffic ticket payments and handle other paperwork normally done by the JP Courts.

Commissioner Kenneth Mayfield, who is white, said it seemed that central collections "has become a black hole" because paperwork reportedly has become lost in the office.

Commissioner John Wiley Price, who is black, interrupted him with a loud "Excuse me!" He then corrected his colleague, saying the office has become a "white hole."

That prompted Judge Thomas Jones, who is black, to demand an apology from Mayfield for his racially insensitive analogy.

Mayfield shot back that it was a figure of speech and a science term. A black hole, according to Webster's, is perhaps "the invisible remains of a collapsed star, with an intense gravitational field from which neither light nor matter can escape."

Other county officials quickly interceded to break it up and get the meeting back on track. TV news cameras were rolling, after all.

This has to be the dumbest friggin thing I have seen in a long time. So now anytime the word black is associated with ANYTHING it must be racist? LMAO.

This over the top PC crap should be tossed in a black hole.

emc, like the tech company? man I got my ass killed in 2000 on your stock. I was an idiot.

haha I bet. never invest in a company when the PE is thru the roof. Lesson learned huh

15x is like the max i will go unless I feel like the company a very very unusual situation where the stock price should be more then 15x its annual earnings.

haha I bet. never invest in a company when the PE is thru the roof. Lesson learned huh

15x is like the max i will go unless I feel like the company a very very unusual situation where the stock price should be more then 15x its annual earnings.

A good rule of thumb... don't invest in companies where the earnings growth rate is below the P/E.

A stock with a P/E of 30 could actually be a good value buy if its earnings growth rate is 40, but that same stock would be overpriced if its growth rate is 20.

Obviously this is just one factor to look at when determining what to buy.

what's worse is you guys were on the cover of Forbes and that gave me the impetus to buy it. A sucker's born everyday and that was me at the time.

what's worse is you guys were on the cover of Forbes and that gave me the impetus to buy it. A sucker's born everyday and that was me at the time.

Nahh i haven't been here to long only little over a year. I worked at fidelity for a long time.

A good rule of thumb... don't invest in companies where the earnings growth rate is below the P/E.

A stock with a P/E of 30 could actually be a good value buy if its earnings growth rate is 40, but that same stock would be overpriced if its growth rate is 20.

Obviously this is just one factor to look at when determining what to buy.

You long termers forget to take into account short term specultors that can drive the stocks up. P/E's on many blue chips are far far higher than their growth.

Back