BlackBerry Maker Under Siege

Topspin

Verified User
BlackBerry Maker Under Siege
Word Count: 736 * Companies Featured in This Article: Research in Motion, Apple, AT&T
Research in Motion (RIMM: Nasdaq) By Needham & Co. ($105.85 July 16, 2008, )

SALES OF Apple's (ticker: AAPL) iPhone 3G appear poised to blow through everyone's forecasts. While Research in Motion's (RIMM) dominance of the enterprise market appears secure, at least for now, the company's great growth driver -- the consumer market -- is bound to come under siege because of the iPhone.

We're cutting RIM from a Hold to an Underperform rating and reducing estimates.

Thanks to the BlackBerry Pearl, RIM has dramatically increased its presence in the consumer segment of the smartphone market. Indeed, the acceleration in ...

RIMM's hold on the business sector is what makes them a good company still. They need to get their asses into China if they want to make some serious loot and drive the stock price up some more.

Apple won't break RIMM's hold in an Enterprise environment. RIMM is just made for it, while the iPhone is just the 'cool' thing to have.

your right texting and replacing a pager is not what the Jesus phone offers. LOFL

No, implementation is a bitch Toppy. There is no way to control them at the moment, unlike Blackberry's. We have a central server that handles the blackberry's and if one is stolen it can easily be shut off. People have confidential information in their emails and they need to keep that shit under wraps.

the second coming phone has that, version 1 didn't.
30% of the fortune 500 participated in development.

you guys seen the Ipod touch yet? My nephew just got one for his 17th b-day.. All of the kids want them.

it's way cool, like and Iphone without cell. It can do amazing web browsing on WIFI. A two guys at work bought them after I showed them the Jesus phone.

I dropped my ipod 60gig in the lake when i flipped my kayak couple weeks ago. Been letting it dry out but if it doesn't gonna have to pick an itouch up. Wish they would make them more durable and waterproof.

Back