Boy Vance and diet Mountain Dew

Cypress

Do grown men even drink diet Mountain Dew?

J.D. Vance Spends Weird, Low-Energy Speech Praising Diet Mountain Dew

Donald Trump’s vice presidential pick went off on a bizarre tangent about diet soda during a rally.

Vance held a rally at his former high school in Middletown, Ohio, where hundreds gathered to hear the views of Donald Trump’s newly minted vice presidential candidate. But even as a hometown hero, the Ohio senator suffered some brutally awkward moments.

“It is the weirdest thing to me: Democrats say that it is racist to believe—well, they say it’s racist to do anything,” said Vance. “I had a diet Mountain Dew yesterday, and one today. I’m sure they’re probably gonna call that racist too.” Around the room there were some scattered laughs.

“It’s good,” he said after a beat, drawing more polite laughter from the rally attendees. Vance let out his own breathy laugh at his comment, slapping the podium in front of him. “I love you guys,” he said, smiling and laughing.

Vance’s weak swing at a joke landed as a lazy attempt to score some culture-war points. And that wasn’t the only cringey moment during his time on stage. While there was a lot of laughter throughout Vance’s 40-minute speech, much of it appeared to come from him.

The guy is going to be a liability for independent voters, his views on women, especially young childless women, are going to echoed everywhere

studies show that diet drinks will make you gain weight over the long run

You are welcome for trying to rescue a lame thread and turn it into something close to interesting

The guy is going to be a liability for independent voters, his views on women, especially young childless women, are going to echoed everywhere
I don't see the tactical or strategic value in adding a far rightwing, inexperienced 39 year old from Ohio with one year of political experience in total, to the national Republican ticket.

Back