Breaking News - Seriously this time

That is just crazy.

Not sure if you're being sarcastic or not but I was just checking out NYTimes.com and saw it at the top and had to re-read it several times.

Of course, people up and die all the time so it isn't really all that extraordinary. It just took me by surprise.

Wow .. he was so pumped for this election season.

Take it from someone who was dead April 19th of last year .. enjoy moments, people, and the simple pleasures of life.

You don't have time to hate.

Not sure if you're being sarcastic or not but I was just checking out NYTimes.com and saw it at the top and had to re-read it several times.

Of course, people up and die all the time so it isn't really all that extraordinary. It just took me by surprise.

I know people die unexpectedly I guess it seems crazy because he has been on the news so much because of the election and now he's just gone.

Wow talk about completely out of left field. Russert was, IMO, one of the best at what he did. I REALLY like his coverage of the elections. Sundays aren't going to be the same for me.

He was always pumped about politics. It was his life. I have always envied people who get to make a living out of being political pundits. What a cool life. spend lots of time reading political writings, watching political functions, and then just bullshitting with a bunch of people who do the exact same thing.

"spend lots of time reading political writings, watching political functions, and then just bullshitting with a bunch of people who do the exact same thing"

Sounds like us. Except for the money part.

He was always pumped about politics. It was his life. I have always envied people who get to make a living out of being political pundits. What a cool life. spend lots of time reading political writings, watching political functions, and then just bullshitting with a bunch of people who do the exact same thing.
I'll continue to dream...

I just saw the headline with a big headshot of him -- only 58 and now just gone. Sort of hits you between the eyes, doesn't it!

I just saw the headline with a big headshot of him -- only 58 and now just gone. Sort of hits you between the eyes, doesn't it!
Yeah that coupled with Chapdogs statement about poor diet and stress almost makes me want to go throw up the rib tips I ate for lunch. ALMOST.

He was probably my favorite political journalist. With so many political partisans out there he seemed pretty straight forward and was damn good at what he did.

Back