Bronny James Commits To USC

cawacko

Fight On Bronny!

The reality is LA has two pro teams, including the league's glamour franchise, and there's a blue blood college team across town. So even though we've had some recent success and put kids in the league USC basketball is pretty much an afterthought locally.

This will change, for the time being at least, with Bronny. There's risk that his Dad becomes a helicopter parent and tries to insert his influence over the team/coaching staff but the upside of the attention Bronny brings far exceeds the risks.

I just wish the kid had a different name. Talk about living in the shadow of daddy all your life when his name is LeBron and yours is Bronny. Ugh...

I just wish the kid had a different name. Talk about living in the shadow of daddy all your life when his name is LeBron and yours is Bronny. Ugh...

Actually his name is LeBron as well...maybe he can start going by RayRay.. it's never too late...;)

Fight On Bronny!

The reality is LA has two pro teams, including the league's glamour franchise, and there's a blue blood college team across town. So even though we've had some recent success and put kids in the league USC basketball is pretty much an afterthought locally.

This will change, for the time being at least, with Bronny. There's risk that his Dad becomes a helicopter parent and tries to insert his influence over the team/coaching staff but the upside of the attention Bronny brings far exceeds the risks.

]

See “cawacko” is still selling the West Coast hype

Fist off, no team in California is the NBA’s glamor team, having TV and movie notables sitting court side doesn’t make it a glamorous franchise

And USC basketball is, in fact, most West Coast college basketball, is an afterthought, what did the PAC 12 get four bids to the tournament, and only one survived past the opening weekend. In fact, other than Gonzaga, and UCLA’s history, which is also questionable given the gimme route they had for years to the Finals, all West Coast basketball is debatable

You put it out there, and you know it is going to get questioned, humorously, but attacked

Fight On Bronny!

Its so hard to keep track of all the states you pretend to live in!

Fight On Bronny!

USC is a private school, not a basketball factory.
I have to assume, then, that the James kid can at least read, no?
I hope so, anyway.

Actually his name is LeBron James Jr. LeBron was born to a single mom at the age of 16 and his father was never in his life so he gave his son his name as a way of saying I'm your father and I will always be here, which is definitely commendable. In retrospect LeBron has said he wouldn't do it again because of the pressure the name carries, and that's why they call him Bronny not LeBron.

By all accounts Bronny seems to be a good/great kid which growing up with your father as one of the most famous people on the planet and in the era of social media is not the easiest thing.

See “cawacko” is still selling the West Coast hype

Fist off, no team in California is the NBA’s glamor team, having TV and movie notables sitting court side doesn’t make it a glamorous franchise

And USC basketball is, in fact, most West Coast college basketball, is an afterthought, what did the PAC 12 get four bids to the tournament, and only one survived past the opening weekend. In fact, other than Gonzaga, and UCLA’s history, which is also questionable given the gimme route they had for years to the Finals, all West Coast basketball is debatable

You put it out there, and you know it is going to get questioned, humorously, but attacked

Ha! Now you are just hating and I actually hate you because you are going to make me defend the Lakers, whom I absolutely despise!!

The Lakers and Celtics have each won like 17 NBA titles, the Warriors are next with 7, so they are clearly the two premier organizations in the NBA. The Celtics dominated in the 60's though (since 1975 the Warriors and Celtics have won the same number of championships). So the Lakers are the league's glamour franchise with its unrivaled list of star players in the more modern era. (now I'm going to go take a bath and wash of the filth I feel complimenting them.)

I'm not saying the USC basketball is going to win a national title, or make the Final Four. What I am saying is eyes will be on the program since Bronny is playing there.

Actually his name is LeBron James Jr. LeBron was born to a single mom at the age of 16 and his father was never in his life so he gave his son his name as a way of saying I'm your father and I will always be here, which is definitely commendable. In retrospect LeBron has said he wouldn't do it again because of the pressure the name carries, and that's why they call him Bronny not LeBron.

By all accounts Bronny seems to be a good/great kid which growing up with your father as one of the most famous people on the planet and in the era of social media is not the easiest thing.

Yep. Done some research since the post. I still would call him LJ. ;)

Yep. Done some research since the post. I still would call him LJ. ;)

Neither here nor there but his daughter’s name is Zhuri. One of my best friend’s is named Zuri which isn’t a common name as far as I’m aware but I had never heard it used for a girl’s name prior.

Ha! Now you are just hating and I actually hate you because you are going to make me defend the Lakers, whom I absolutely despise!!

The Lakers and Celtics have each won like 17 NBA titles, the Warriors are next with 7, so they are clearly the two premier organizations in the NBA. The Celtics dominated in the 60's though (since 1975 the Warriors and Celtics have won the same number of championships). So the Lakers are the league's glamour franchise with its unrivaled list of star players in the more modern era. (now I'm going to go take a bath and wash of the filth I feel complimenting them.)

I'm not saying the USC basketball is going to win a national title, or make the Final Four. What I am saying is eyes will be on the program since Bronny is playing there.

Several of those Laker titles were won in Minneapolis. The Celtics' were all won in Baaaaaston.

Back