Buckley leaves National Review after Obama endorsement

LadyT

JPP Modarater
Contributor
(CNN) — Christopher Buckley, the son of conservative icon William F. Buckley, said Tuesday he's resigned from the conservative National Review days after endorsing Barack Obama's White House bid, among the most powerful symbols yet of the conservative discontent expressed this election cycle. more at link

Interesting. Conservatives seem to be having an identity crisis.

He was on Hardball last night; it was a great interview. He was saying how James Buchanan must be breathing a huge sigh of relief (implying that he has now been easily surpassed as "worst President ever.")

He was clearly disgusted with Bush, and the GOP in general.

I went to high school with a Buckley girl and had couple of dates with her. Her father was cousin to William Buckley. Very nice and smart girl. She went to Tuffs.

The republican party is a shell of power hungry assholes.

This was once a proud and desent party.

They used to have principles and people who showed intelligence and good insight.

That party died thirty years ago and the current republican base are mouth breathing ,hate filled clones

(CNN) — Christopher Buckley, the son of conservative icon William F. Buckley, said Tuesday he's resigned from the conservative National Review days after endorsing Barack Obama's White House bid, among the most powerful symbols yet of the conservative discontent expressed this election cycle. more at link

Interesting. Conservatives seem to be having an identity crisis.

Not really. Conservatives always hated McCain. They held their nose as long as they could, but the stench is nasty. McCain blows

Not really. Conservatives always hated McCain. They held their nose as long as they could, but the stench is nasty. McCain blows
Yeah he should have just stuck to hating atheists, fags and abortions, denouncing the end of religious expression in school, and decry the oppression of christians in america. Then he would have been a true 21st century republican.

He is a scum bag.

I used to think he was a guy who stuck to his guns about certain things daring to go against the party.

I now realize he just did this to counter the Keating 5 problem so he could point to a couple of pieces of legislation and say "see Im against corruption".

No his flip flopping and pshychotic behavior is a result of trying to play to the idiot mouth breathers who are the party base.

You know the Palins of this country.

No his flip flopping and pshychotic behavior is a result of trying to play to the idiot mouth breathers who are the party base.

You know the Palins of this country.

both parties have their idiots. Just ask the Colorado Democratic Alliance.

LOL

I know more about the scumbag than I ever wanted to.

He is a failed human being and a horrible person.

Party boy and fuckoff all his life. Gets shot down and sufferes horribly. Goes home and fucks arrround on his handicapped wife until he meets him a hot meal ticket. Chucks old wife and has new wifes money to pay old wife off to keep her quiet. Go into politics with new wifes family money and gravitas. Gos to washington and starts cashing in on the new wifes connections like Keating. Gets caught ,new wifes high powered lawyer helps him get a pat on the hand even though he is the most closely connect to Keating of all. Ignores wife to such an extent that he doesnt even know she is wacked out on drugs (remember shes home with the kids) and her parents have an intervention for her that he doesnt even know about.

The guy is a scumbag.

It is still possible that the scumbag (Mcmaverick) might be our next president. I have little faith in the voting American public.

I know more about the scumbag than I ever wanted to.

He is a failed human being and a horrible person.

Party boy and fuckoff all his life. Gets shot down and sufferes horribly. Goes home and fucks arrround on his handicapped wife until he meets him a hot meal ticket. Chucks old wife and has new wifes money to pay old wife off to keep her quiet. Go into politics with new wifes family money and gravitas. Gos to washington and starts cashing in on the new wifes connections like Keating. Gets caught ,new wifes high powered lawyer helps him get a pat on the hand even though he is the most closely connect to Keating of all. Ignores wife to such an extent that he doesnt even know she is wacked out on drugs (remember shes home with the kids) and her parents have an intervention for her that he doesnt even know about.

The guy is a scumbag.

Hate much Desh?

YOu have to admit CAW that if a Dem had the history that Desh just recounted, no matter how biased, her counterparts on the right would be screaming about it.

I could also write that same story to make it sound more sympathetic to McCain in which one could say he's obviously not perfect as he's made some mistakes but he's still good people who cares about his country.

I could also write that same story to make it sound more sympathetic to McCain in which one could say he's obviously not perfect as he's made some mistakes but he's still good people who cares about his country.

riiiiiiiiiiight

Back