Bugs That Excrete Oil

Read this:

The Myth Of Peak Oil

It goes into places where Oil seems to be coming back into certain fields from SOMEWHERE.

Quick excerpt from the article:

The mystery of Eugene Island 330 and self-renewing oil supplies

Eugene Island is an oil field in the gulf of Mexico, 80 miles off the coast of Louisiana. It was discovered in 1973 and began producing 15,000 barrels of oil a day which then slowed to about 4,000 barrels in 1989.

But then for no logical reason whatsoever, production spiked back up to 13,000 barrels a day.

What the researchers found when they analyzed the oil field with time lapse 3-D seismic imaging is that there was an unexplained deep fault in the bottom corner of the computer scan, which showed oil gushing in from a previously unknown deep source and migrating up through the rock to replenish the existing supply.

Furthermore, the analysis of the oil now being produced at Eugene Island shows that its age is geologically different from the oil produced there after the refinery first opened. Suggesting strongly that it is now emerging from a different, unexplained source.

Now that's interesting. My guess is that whatever eventually helps replace the current product, will be something no one yet expects. All I can say is, faster, faster.

LMAO....

Now that's interesting. My guess is that whatever eventually helps replace the current product, will be something no one yet expects. All I can say is, faster, faster.

anyone want to take on this comment?...I will pass..don't want any stigma attached to my humor...:cof1:

I first heard about petroleum producing bacteria in the early 90s. Seems the big barrier is they have trouble keeping a large enough viable bactria colony going to produce petroleum at industrial levels.

But this is an interesting lead:
Researchers at the University of Massachusetts-Amherst have made a potential breakthrough in the development of "green gasoline," a biofuel that could cost as little as $1 a gallon.

Using a revolutionary process that rapidly heats, then cools wood, grass or other plants to extract hydrocarbons, George W. Huber, an assistant professor of chemical engineering, and a team of graduate students were able to produce a liquid identical to gasoline in a single-step process that took under a minute.

"We've proven this method on a small scale in the lab," Huber said. "But we need to make further improvements and prove it on a large scale before it's going to be economically viable."

http://www.masslive.com/news/topstories/index.ssf?/base/news-13/1207725827294850.xml&coll=1

They say the method can use waste plant material.
Haven't heard much about this since the initial publication of the idea, but that is not unusual when a lab process is being developed for the market.

Then there is the company building cellulosic ethanol plants on landfills. They plan to use waste cellulose for biomass, and the heat and gas produced by natural decomposition in the landfill to help power the plant.
http://wolfsden.wordpress.com/2008/02/14/biofules-from-trash/

Here's to fuel from garbage!
:clink:

Back