Bush Aide Resigns Over Plagiarism

uscitizen

Villified User
Bush Aide Resigns Over Plagiarism

Mar 1, 1:12 AM (ET)

By TERENCE HUNT

WASHINGTON (AP) - A White House official who served as President Bush's middleman with conservatives and Christian groups resigned Friday after admitting to plagiarism. Twenty columns he wrote for an Indiana newspaper were determined to have material copied from other sources without attribution.

Timothy Goeglein, who has worked for Bush since 2001, acknowledged that he lifted material from a Dartmouth College publication and presented it as his own work in a column about education for The News-Sentinel in Fort Wayne. The newspaper took a closer look at his other columns and found many more instances of plagiarism.

~

The News-Sentinel said an internal investigation found that 20 of 38 of Goeglein's columns published in the past eight years contained portions copied from other sources without attribution. Goeglein has submitted unsolicited, or guest, columns to The News-Sentinel for more than 20 years and he has never been paid for them, the paper said.

News-Sentinel editor Kerry Hubartt said the paper would no longer publish Goeglein's writings.

Goeglein has worked at the White House since 2001. He is a special assistant to Bush and deputy director of the Office of Public Liaison, serving as the administration's liaison with influential conservatives. He was a right-hand man for former strategist Karl Rove when he oversaw the public liaison office.

http://apnews.myway.com/article/20080301/D8V4F9000.html

It is certainly not important if you are a party hacker for the right.

This was plagarism in our current government. Not campaign stuff.

It is certainly not important if you are a party hacker for the right.

This was plagarism in our current government. Not campaign stuff.

I didn't say it was unimportant. I said it wasn't good. But I also said it does not reach the level of breaking headline news. Why would only Fox News show it but not CNN or MSNBC show it? Oh that's right, partisan hack.

I didn't say it was unimportant. I said it wasn't good. But I also said it does not reach the level of breaking headline news. Why would only Fox News show it but not CNN or MSNBC show it? Oh that's right, partisan hack.

I only mentioned Faux Nooz, you mentioned the other nooz meadias
Di I say only Faux ?
Slow on yer spinning this morning, better have a jolt cola or something.

I did not say "only Fox" I said fox, this does not mean others did not cover it.
Only Fox was your poor attempt at spin.

I did not say "only Fox" I said fox, this does not mean others did not cover it.
Only Fox was your poor attempt at spin.

I wasn't attempting to spin. While I don't watch much TV it seems to me that Fox, MSNBC and CNN all show pretty much the same breaking news.

I am aware you referenced only Fox because its a joke to those on the left.

I asked about the others because my guess is they didn't show it either because it doesn't rank at that level of a story.

So no ballerina here.

Back