Bush booed at baseball opener

Onceler

They showed it on the news last night - the booing was really loud as he went out for the 1st pitch.

It was very heartening. I hope Bush gets booed everywhere from now on, throughout the remainder of his life. I hope he gets booed in restaurants, when he's riding his bike, or simply walking down the street.

If I ever see him, I will be sure to boo.

They showed it on the news last night - the booing was really loud as he went out for the 1st pitch.

It was very heartening. I hope Bush gets booed everywhere from now on, throughout the remainder of his life. I hope he gets booed in restaurants, when he's riding his bike, or simply walking down the street.

I really find this interesting coming from the perspective of a fan and leaving personal feelings of Bush aside. I've watched/listened to the tape five times now. You hear some jeers and boos but it mostly sounds like cheering to me. The few boos do not come close to drowning out the cheers.

I come from San Francisco where among others Barry Bonds played. Bonds always elicited a few boos but mostly strong applause while playing at home. When the Dodgers came to town you heard real booing.

I've been to enough sporting events to know the difference between booing and cheers. What you heard were a large majority cheers (which is very surprising considering his approval rating).

Perhaps fans attending sporting events, in future, could make their intentions clearer to the worldwide viewing public by eschewing booing in favour of throwing sharp objects at visiting Presidents.

Thanks in advance.

This one is actually funny.

I really find this interesting coming from the perspective of a fan and leaving personal feelings of Bush aside. I've watched/listened to the tape five times now. You hear some jeers and boos but it mostly sounds like cheering to me. The few boos do not come close to drowning out the cheers.

I come from San Francisco where among others Barry Bonds played. Bonds always elicited a few boos but mostly strong applause while playing at home. When the Dodgers came to town you heard real booing.

I've been to enough sporting events to know the difference between booing and cheers. What you heard were a large majority cheers (which is very surprising considering his approval rating).
Yeah, that's what we said.

I was expecting a stadium full of boos where those cheering were shamed into silence quickly. Instead I was presented with a small group that were very likely unheard by the President.

The one I saw sounded very boo-heavy. Maybe it was a different mike.

Regardless, I encourage all Americans to boo Bush whenever they seem him, no matter what the context.

The booing was coming from a minority of the crowd. If you wanna hear booing at a baseball game find footage of Rosie O'Donnel singing the national anthem, or Borat singing it at the Rodeo.

The one I saw sounded very boo-heavy. Maybe it was a different mike.

Regardless, I encourage all Americans to boo Bush whenever they seem him, no matter what the context.

LOL @ Onceler, "Regardless....."

I'll boo at the murderer 1st chance I get.

Back