Bush Is A Class Act

toby

What a great job yesterday. President Bush visited the sites of destruction on 9/11 and made no speeches. Then at the end of the day made a fine, non political speech in support of America. He is a class act!

Wondered how long it would take someone (toby, dixie, etc.) to come on here and comment on yesterday's events. Don't get me wrong, I don't think Bush is the devil incarnate like some evidently do, but he is just a political figure trying to substantiate and promote his ideas. And that is what he did in last night's speech, which is just what any political figure would have done if they had the opportunity.

A non-political speech is as likely to be made by a sitting president as a non-religious speech from a man of the cloth.

A dem would have made speeches at every stop yesterday. Bush played it well. That is Class.

"at the end of the day [Bush] made a fine, non political speech in support of America"

ROTFLMAO

Another righty on DRUGS.....

it is only political if you hate Bush more than you love your country.

toby, I don't think you saw it as political because you agreed with him....heck, I even agreed with most of what he said. But to say it was "non-political" is to be blind, disingenuous, or a party hack in lock step. Political points were made trying to substantiate Bush's position. That's a political speech.

You can make politics out of anything if you want to. I say it is a nice day and you could accuse me of being right wing because it is too warm for you and you disagree. Bush didn't attack dems, just made a statement.

Bush could have went to every site yesterday and made a speech saying this is what you get with liberal National defense. but he didn't play the political game that the libs play. That is why I say he was a class act.

You can make politics out of anything if you want to. I say it is a nice day and you could accuse me of being right wing because it is too warm for you and you disagree. Bush didn't attack dems, just made a statement.

Thats what you don't understand. You can make a political speech and not attack your opposition. Bush's speech was to draw support for his political agenda. Political issues are that which relate to power, government but are contentious. Honoring our fallen isn't political almost everyone wishes to do that. Saying we must stop the terrorists isn't political almost everyone wishes to do that. Saying the war in Iraq is crucial to the war on terror. THAT is a political portion. Many oppose the war and it has become a very political issue between different ideologies.

The following is very political:
I am often asked why we're in Iraq when Saddam Hussein was not responsible for the 9/11 attacks. The answer is that the regime of Saddam Hussein was a clear threat.

My administration, the Congress and the United Nations saw the threat.

And, after 9/11, Saddam's regime posed a risk that the world could not afford to take.

The world is safer because Saddam Hussein is no longer in power.

And now the challenge is to help the Iraqi people build a democracy that fulfills the dreams of the nearly 12 million Iraqis who came out to vote in free elections last December.

Al Qaeda and other extremists from across the world have come to Iraq to stop the rise of a free society in the heart of the Middle East. They have joined the remnants of Saddam's regime and other armed groups to foment sectarian violence and drive us out.

Our enemies in Iraq are tough and they are committed, but so are Iraqi and coalition forces. We are adapting to stay ahead of the enemy, and we are carrying out a clear plan to ensure that a democratic Iraq succeeds.

We are training Iraqi troops so they can defend their nation. We are helping Iraq's unity government grow in strength and serve its people. We will not leave until this work is done.

Whatever mistakes have been made in Iraq, the worst mistake would be to think that if we pulled out, the terrorists would leave us alone.

They will not leave us alone. They will follow us.

The safety of America depends on the outcome of the battle in the streets of Baghdad.

Osama bin Laden calls this fight "The Third World War," and he says that victory for the terrorists in Iraq will mean America's defeat and disgrace forever.

If we yield Iraq to men like bin Laden, our enemies will be emboldened. They will gain a new safe haven. They will use Iraq's resources to fuel their extremist movement.

We will not allow this to happen.

Bush didn't do that out of class he did that for his own interests. Attacking the democrats could only have made him look bad on such a day. Its just smart politics and politics is what it is.

Bush is as classy as drinking boxed wine through a funnel.

Bush is as classy as drinking boxed wine through a funnel.
//

Good analogy for as classy as. But it works better than the bush doctrine ;)

Back