Bush says Mae/Mac Bailout not a bailout.

Socrtease

Verified User
It is JUST congressional authority for a line of credit for these two institutions IF they find it necessary. And by making it available, they won't use it right? Why is it when John and Jane Q. Public make financial decisions they are on their own ( which in my opinion they should be) but when large financial institutions make bad financial decisions they get the tax payer to bail their asses out? Are financial institutions MORE inportant that the tax burden on the american people, or even more important that John and Jane?

Pappy Bush had a bail out, Jr Bush needs one, too! But it is not a bail out. They always re-invent the language, don't they!

his lips moved, therefore he must be lying

i wonder how many non-bailout bailouts will occur during bushco's terms

It is JUST congressional authority for a line of credit for these two institutions IF they find it necessary. And by making it available, they won't use it right? Why is it when John and Jane Q. Public make financial decisions they are on their own ( which in my opinion they should be) but when large financial institutions make bad financial decisions they get the tax payer to bail their asses out? Are financial institutions MORE inportant that the tax burden on the american people, or even more important that John and Jane?

Do you really think these bailouts are not helping the individual? We are bailing out the idiots that both made the loans and those that received them.

So in essence, the ones who pay are the ones who exercised responsibility in the first place.

Do you really think these bailouts are not helping the individual? We are bailing out the idiots that both made the loans and those that received them.
And i don't want to. I thought Bush and his ilk were all about personal responsibility? No one forced them to make the loans or take the loans and no one should have to bail their asses out

And i don't want to. I thought Bush and his ilk were all about personal responsibility? No one forced them to make the loans or take the loans and no one should have to bail their asses out

Yepper :clink:

I have yet to see any personal responsibility from this administration though.

where is the let the market decide thing anyway ?

If B&S goes down then the market decided.

I agree. I think we should let them fail. Then make sure that people learn the lesson from this. I think Freddie and Fannie should have gone down and let those that run a good business come in and buy them out for pennies on the dollar. Which would give the buyer all the cushion they need to withstand the foreclosures/defaults that are yet to come.

One of the most frustrating things about this is that it is all happening in an election year where the idiots in both parties are pandering to everyone they can for the sake of votes rather than what is best for this country.

It would make no difference on the big guys if it was an election year or not. They would get bailed out.
It is however convenient for both parties to blame it on this.

I agree. I think we should let them fail. Then make sure that people learn the lesson from this. I think Freddie and Fannie should have gone down and let those that run a good business come in and buy them out for pennies on the dollar. Which would give the buyer all the cushion they need to withstand the foreclosures/defaults that are yet to come.

One of the most frustrating things about this is that it is all happening in an election year where the idiots in both parties are pandering to everyone they can for the sake of votes rather than what is best for this country.
EXACTLY my fucking thought. When businesses go belly up there are other businesses there to pick up the pieces and make it work again or put those pieces into their businesses and make them work there. I don't want the Government, and by extension, the tax payer to have to bail out the businesses OR the borrowers.

This is what I'm talking about in the other thread about corporations having special rights over individuals. It's bullshit.

This is fascism plain and simple. And bush the "free marketeer" is busted as the fascist he is for mouthing this propaganda.

Back