Buyer's remorse has come to define Presidential campaigns

Onceler

You can't tell me Republicans didn't have it with Bush. I remember during the2000 primaries hearing Sean Hannity, of all people, lament that Bush seemed to be doing well, and attacking his lack of experience, particularly with foreign policy. That was back before some Republicans really hated McCain, and I'm sure many felt like the best man wasn't nominated, by a long shot.

Then the Dems in 2004, when Howard Dean was poised to carry the mantle of the anti-war movement into the election, and looked like the nominee until "the scream." In a year when Dems also had Wes Clark & John Edwards to choose from, they went with a very lackluster, establishment candidate in Kerry, whose position on Iraq didn't differ all that much with Bush's, until the last month or 2 of the campaign.

Now, there is someone who - however you feel about him - is a truly inspiring candidate. He is someone who attracts independents & even Republicans in significant #'s, and who has energized that long-dormant group that Democrats have only dreamed about in the past: the youth vote. Are Democrats really about to choose Hillary Clinton over Obama, and polarization over inspiration?

I still think Obama has a shot, but I keep seeing Hill & Bill in a sea of confetti at the convention this summer, and can't help but think that Dems may have the worst case of buyer's remorse yet this fall....

You can't tell me Republicans didn't have it with Bush. I remember during the2000 primaries hearing Sean Hannity, of all people, lament that Bush seemed to be doing well, and attacking his lack of experience, particularly with foreign policy. That was back before some Republicans really hated McCain, and I'm sure many felt like the best man wasn't nominated, by a long shot.

Then the Dems in 2004, when Howard Dean was poised to carry the mantle of the anti-war movement into the election, and looked like the nominee until "the scream." In a year when Dems also had Wes Clark & John Edwards to choose from, they went with a very lackluster, establishment candidate in Kerry, whose position on Iraq didn't differ all that much with Bush's, until the last month or 2 of the campaign.

Now, there is someone who - however you feel about him - is a truly inspiring candidate. He is someone who attracts independents & even Republicans in significant #'s, and who has energized that long-dormant group that Democrats have only dreamed about in the past: the youth vote. Are Democrats really about to choose Hillary Clinton over Obama, and polarization over inspiration?

I still think Obama has a shot, but I keep seeing Hill & Bill in a sea of confetti at the convention this summer, and can't help but think that Dems may have the worst case of buyer's remorse yet this fall....

People seem to feel that she is more electable.

I have no idea what these feelings are based on.

i couldnt agree more. Think of the bright side.. McCain beats hillary and then Obama can run in 4 years. hes only 46years old.

Back