Cali medical marijuana

Topspin

Verified User
CNBC has an article about MM, and a school to teach clinics how to grow.
They have a poll which 93% legalized medical marijuana. :cof1:

I say we legalize marijuana completely and tax it like we tax alcohol and cigarettes.

That way we could stop clogging the judicial system and could increase tax revenues without raising involuntary taxes.

estimates are about 14 billion could be raised.
And what would be the cost of not Jailing 700,000 people.

I say we legalize marijuana completely and tax it like we tax alcohol and cigarettes.

That way we could stop clogging the judicial system and could increase tax revenues without raising involuntary taxes.
We could use the revenues by directing them towards programs for dealing with drug problems.

Not only not jailing 700,000 people, but not releasing dangerous criminals because of overcrowding and a ridiculous law forbidding the early release of drug offenders.

CNBC has an article about MM, and a school to teach clinics how to grow.
They have a poll which 93% legalized medical marijuana. :cof1:

There was an article this weekend about a guy in California who was allowed by the state to have a MM license (or whatever it is you need to buy it) but he got fired by his job for doing drugs. I believe this went to court and I'm not sure of the ruling. It might have been in the SF Chronicle but I'm can't recall. Anyone familiar with this case?

I know that the USSC ruled that the feds can and will still prosecute growers and users, even for medical purposes, so what's california doing to prevent that?

IMHO as long as you do not sell it over state lines the FEDS have no business in it anyway.

See I told yall I was a conservative. States rights :cheer:

Italy will not prosecute for small amounts ie personal use.
Amsterdam sells it like the turbo-lib latte (how much are flights to Amsterdam???)

There are only a few people in jail relating to marijuana. Another one I routinly dropped when I was a prosecutor. 5 hours Community Service for a dismissal.

Should police only uphold state and local laws ?

Police should only uphold the laws they are required to uphold. Police hired by the locality, for instance, are free to put certain state crimes at the bottom of levels of importance, although naturally they'd be required to report them if they saw them, just like any normal citizen. The "seeing" part is what's different though, US. Without investigation or actively pursuing a certain crime, its going to end up in oblivion. I know you think that all laws should be enforced to a ridiculous extent regardless of the wisdom of them, but not all people are like you.

There are only a few people in jail relating to marijuana. Another one I routinly dropped when I was a prosecutor. 5 hours Community Service for a dismissal.

yeah but it is worse on your record than not changing your address on your DL.

Back