California SC overturns gay marriage ban

While I would rather see gay marriage allowed, than not.... personally we should...

1) Get the government out of marriage all together. It is a religous ceremony. Let the religions decide whom they wish to marry or not marry.

2) All couples (married or not) can get a cival union from the government which allows for visitation rights, tax benefits, inheritance rights etc....

3) The government cannot discriminate whether it is by race, religion, or sexual preferences.

Put an end to this once and for all.

Side question....

Just out of curiosity...

Why doesn't the gay/lesbian community simply create their own "church" where gay marriage is "acceptable"? Freedom of religion would then end this issue once and for all. Wouldn't it?

Why doesn't the gay/lesbian community simply create their own "church" where gay marriage is "acceptable"? Freedom of religion would then end this issue once and for all. Wouldn't it?

Because they want more than just "gay marriage".

If all they wanted was "gay marriage", civil unions already provide that.

But they want to change the fundamental definition of marriage for all of society... and force the rest of us to accept their aberrant lifestyle in our midst whether we like it or not.

Because they want more than just "gay marriage". They want to change the fundamental definition of marriage for all of society... and force the rest of us to accept their aberrant lifestyle in our midst whether we like it or not.

Just like you have to accept that all religion is protected under our laws idiot.

For the life of me I can't understand why other people are so obsessed with gays marrying. Get a fcking life and move on.

While I would rather see gay marriage allowed, than not.... personally we should...

1) Get the government out of marriage all together. It is a religous ceremony. Let the religions decide whom they wish to marry or not marry.

2) All couples (married or not) can get a cival union from the government which allows for visitation rights, tax benefits, inheritance rights etc....

3) The government cannot discriminate whether it is by race, religion, or sexual preferences.

Put an end to this once and for all.

Side question....

Just out of curiosity...

Because it wouldn't work.

Because they want more than just "gay marriage".

If all they wanted was "gay marriage", civil unions already provide that.

But they want to change the fundamental definition of marriage for all of society... and force the rest of us to accept their aberrant lifestyle in our midst whether we like it or not.

1) Marriage is a word. While I agree that under the current situation, it appears they are trying to force their views on others... they could accomplish the same thing by creating their own church, which allowed gay marriage. Then it wouldn't appear they are trying to force anyone to accept their views.

2) Fat, lazy people who refuse to eat well or exercise have an abhorent lifestyle. They drive up my healthcare costs, food cots, their fat rolls overhang my seat on the plane, they are quite disgusting to look at (especially when they feel they can pull off tight clothing). That is abhorent.

How is the sexual preferences of a gay couple going to effect you?

Now if only the Kalifornia courts could understand that ALL rights must be treated equally and that ALL persons exercising those rights must NEVER be discriminated against.....like gun owners.

Now if only the Kalifornia courts could understand that ALL rights must be treated equally and that ALL persons exercising those rights must NEVER be discriminated against.....like gun owners.

Yeah, like that will happen. I'm still waiting to hear if I'm going to need a permit to purchase ammunition. I can't wait to get out of this state.

I'm waiting for Damo's and SuperStalkers wedding announcement, to be held in cali!

j/k
You spend an inordinate amount of time fantasizing about me and SF together. Does it make your hands sweat and your mouth go dry when you picture man-love like it does me when I think of my wife?

You spend an inordinate amount of time fantasizing about me and SF together. Does it make your hands sweat when you picture man-love?
You really need to put a PUKE avatar on the list so I can show how I just threw up in my mouth, a little.

All rights for gays are already completely equivalent to those for heteros, including thse involving marriage. The problem is, gay advocated DON'T want to be treated equally - they want far more. Since they can't get what they want democratically, they resort to the courts to force their agenda on the rest of society. And extremely-liberals courts such as those in Calif., Mass., and Hawaii have been amenable to their demands, willing to go far beyond their assigned duties to invent new "rights" and definitions for them.

All rights for gays are already completely equivalent to those for heteros, including thse involving marriage. The problem is, gay advocated DON'T want to be treated equally - they want far more. Since they can't get what they want democratically, they resort to the courts to force their agenda on the rest of society. And extremely-liberals courts such as those in Calif., Mass., and Hawaii have been amenable to their demands, willing to go far beyond their assigned duties to invent new "rights" and definitions for them.

A new right like what? The right to equality under the law?

Yeah, I have no idea why anyone would want that. Give me my gun, I need to go kill some black people.

Back