Can Somebody Help Me Out?

Robo

Verified User
Can anybody instruct me where I can find, in my Constitution, the constitutional authority that Obama has used to change Obama-Care law and also where he finds the constitutional power to decide the future of the Keystone Pipe Line? I thought the Congress was the sole law-making body? Did Congress make a law that gave Obama the powers of the Congress to make laws?

I can’t seem to find any of those powers granted to the Presidency in my Constitution. Am I missing something?

Imagine, the next President is republican... Because we have precedent of a President changing tax law with executive orders (Obamacare exemptions and changes are in tax law) this new President unilaterally changes the tax code so that no more than 25% will be collected then instructs insurance companies using the same authority to simply ignore Obamacare.

We no longer need to repeal and replace, we'll just use Executive orders and instruct insurance companies to ignore the law. Obama has already done it, clearly there is authority to do it now...

Imagine, the next President is republican... Because we have precedent of a President changing tax law with executive orders (Obamacare exemptions and changes are in tax law) this new President unilaterally changes the tax code so that no more than 25% will be collected then instructs insurance companies using the same authority to simply ignore Obamacare.

We no longer need to repeal and replace, we'll just use Executive orders and instruct insurance companies to ignore the law. Obama has already done it, clearly there is authority to do it now...

BINGO! But the DNC dunces think that laws only pertain to their political opponents and precedent only applies when they say it should apply.

The fucking neo-commie not only has found some authority someplace to change tax law by Executive order, but the bastard also has found authority to confirm or reject the building of the Keystone pipeline.

I was hoping that the partisan Democraps herewith would enlighten me whereby this commie bastard has found all of that dictatorial authority. Looks like the gibbering idiots on the left are at a loss for explanation, huh?

the executive is responsible for enforcement of the law. executive orders can relieve whatever obligations are required by law that the regulatory agencies are also required to enforce, but any of the illegalities must be resolved by impeachment which will never happen.

Changing the law: no can do despite doing it with some frequency.
Executing the law: can do, actually supposed to do. You can argue about foot dragging but they do have to implement within the context of all laws. Blame congress for forming/enabling EPA.

The fucking neo-commie not only has found some authority someplace to change tax law by Executive order, but the bastard also has found authority to confirm or reject the building of the Keystone pipeline.

I was hoping that the partisan Democraps herewith would enlighten me whereby this commie bastard has found all of that dictatorial authority. Looks like the gibbering idiots on the left are at a loss for explanation, huh?

That is actually constitutional. The President has authority over international agreements like Keystone which crosses an international border.

That is actually constitutional. The President has authority over international agreements like Keystone which crosses an international border.

The Keystone pipeline already exist in the United States. Evidently a treaty with Canada for same already exist. So where does Obama get the authority to hold up the final phase of the pipeline?

According to my copy of the Constitution….. “the President shall have the power by and with the advise and consent of the Senate to make Treaties provided that two thirds of the Senators present concur…..”(Article 2, Section 2, United States Constitution)

Does Obama have the advise and consent of two thirds of the Senators present to hold up the final phase of the Keystone pipeline?

The Keystone Pipeline System is an oil pipeline system in Canada and the United States. It runs from the Western Canadian Sedimentary Basin in Alberta, Canada, to refineries in the United States in Steele City, Nebraska, Wood River and Patoka, Illinois, and in the Gulf Coast of Texas.[notes 1][2] In addition to the synthetic crude oil (syncrude) and diluted bitumen (dilbit) from the oil sands of Canada, it carries also light crude oil from from the Williston Basin (Bakken) region in Montana and North Dakota.[2]
Three phases of the project are in operation and the fourth is awaiting U.S. government approval. Upon completion, the Keystone Pipeline System would consist of the completed 2,151-mile (3,462 km) Keystone Pipeline (Phases I and II), Keystone Gulf Coast Expansion (Phase III) and the proposed Keystone XL Pipeline Project (Phase IV). Phase 1, delivering oil from Hardisty, Alberta, to Steele City, Wood River, and Patoka, was completed in the summer of 2010. Phase 2, the Keystone-Cushing extension, was completed in February 2011 with the pipeline from Steele City to storage and distribution facilities at Cushing, Oklahoma.[3] These two phases have the capacity to deliver up to 590,000 barrels per day (94,000 m3/d) of oil into the Mid-West refineries.[3] Phase III, the Gulf Coast Extension, which was opened in January 2014, would have capacity up to 700,000 barrels per day (110,000 m3/d).[4] The proposed controversial Phase IV, the Keystone XL Pipeline Project, would begin in Hardisty, Alberta, and extend to Steele City http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Keystone_Pipeline

the executive is responsible for enforcement of the law. executive orders can relieve whatever obligations are required by law that the regulatory agencies are also required to enforce, but any of the illegalities must be resolved by impeachment which will never happen.

Where in the Constitution do we find the Executive Power to Make Law by revising and or changing law? enforcing law isn't authorization to change law. The oath of office is" "to faithfully execute the law of the United States Of America. Execute isn't a power to make or change law.

Isn't the Constitution a "living document" constantly being re-interpreted?

Only according to the left and right who both simply ignore it. The only thing making the Constitution "living," i. e. "progressive" i. e. "developing gradually over a period of time," is it's ability to be "amended."

Where in the Constitution do we find the Executive Power to Make Law by revising and or changing law? enforcing law isn't authorization to change law. The oath of office is" "to faithfully execute the law of the United States Of America. Execute isn't a power to make or change law.

thus, the power to impeach

Back