can the legislature or the court terminate a right by fiat?

can a right be terminated by law or court decision?

• yes

Votes: 2 50.0%
  • no

Votes: 2 50.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
In your opinion, if a right is no longer deemed 'necessary', do you approve of the right being terminated or nullified by a written law or a court decision?

yes or no and please state your reasoning.

Yes they can and do.
Should they is another matter. Your title is at odds with your post.

Yes they can and do.
Should they is another matter. Your title is at odds with your post.

can they? constitutionally? that is what i'm referring to. we all know that the courts usually rubberstamp the legislatures, but if they do, do we have to abide by it or is it void and null?

Or when pedophiles lose the right to work in day care centers?

Be careful what you wish for the slope is often slippery.

ok, I guess I needed to be more exact.

does a state legislature or court have the authority to do away with the right to resist an unlawful arrest.

Now, before people get all up in their panties, I've posted nearly a dozen supreme court cases that have clarified and stated that a citizen does indeed have the right to resist an unlawful arrest, even to the point of deadly force.

so my question is, if this is a right via the state constitution, can the legislature or court arbitrarily say that it no longer exists?

In New Mexico you have an absolute right to carry your firearm, in the open strapped to your side with some exceptions, bars courts etc. If a cop came up and attempted to place you under arrest or take away that fire arm the arrest or the seizure would be illegal and our law says you can resist it using the identical force used by the police officer, so if she went for her gun in the process of arresting you for legally carrying your firearm you could legally draw your weapon and shoot and kill her. That is what is meant by an illegal arrest.

In New Mexico you have an absolute right to carry your firearm, in the open strapped to your side with some exceptions, bars courts etc. If a cop came up and attempted to place you under arrest or take away that fire arm the arrest or the seizure would be illegal and our law says you can resist it using the identical force used by the police officer, so if she went for her gun in the process of arresting you for legally carrying your firearm you could legally draw your weapon and shoot and kill her. That is what is meant by an illegal arrest.

Not sure I understood that. So if you are wearing a gun any arrest of you is illegal?

Not sure I understood that. So if you are wearing a gun any arrest of you is illegal?
no, and you are right, I was not clear. If a cop tries to arrest you for wearing your gun in public or take it away because you are wearing it then you have the right to resist. No police officer can make you remove your gun in public nor can they arrest you for wearing your gun in public. That would be an illegal arrest. It has happened in several jurisdictions in New Mexico and at least once the police officer was subdued by the gun wearing citizen. And NO municipality can pass an ordinance that has stricter gun laws than the state. Albuquerque tried to make the carrying of concealed weapons WITH a state issued license a violation of Albuquerque ordinance and they got smacked down by the State Supreme court,

if the cop decides to arrest you for carrying a gun because they don't know the law, or decide that because you're open carrying they are going to arrest you for disorderly conduct, that would be an illegal arrest.

no, and you are right, I was not clear. If a cop tries to arrest you for wearing your gun in public or take it away because you are wearing it then you have the right to resist. No police officer can make you remove your gun in public nor can they arrest you for wearing your gun in public. That would be an illegal arrest. It has happened in several jurisdictions in New Mexico and at least once the police officer was subdued by the gun wearing citizen. And NO municipality can pass an ordinance that has stricter gun laws than the state. Albuquerque tried to make the carrying of concealed weapons WITH a state issued license a violation of Albuquerque ordinance and they got smacked down by the State Supreme court,

It's a tragedy that good police officers are getting subdued by criminals like you and SMY. You guys should be hung, traitors.

It's a tragedy that good police officers are getting subdued by criminals like you and SMY. You guys should be hung, traitors.

a good police officer would know the laws they are enforcing. a not so good police officer enforces his opinion. and you can kiss my natural black ass, WM Bitch.

In your opinion, if a right is no longer deemed 'necessary', do you approve of the right being terminated or nullified by a written law or a court decision?

yes or no and please state your reasoning.

is a right still a right if nobody will enforce it?......I suppose, otherwise we couldn't speak of a denial of rights....

Back