Can you hold the same views as Rev. Wright...

yes but lets through all this crap against the wall now 99% doesn't stick and Barack gets a tiny bruise instead of a head wound later.
It's his election to win with 50% dems and 35% republican identification.
Only a massive screw up losses it for Obama.

And still call yourself a patriot?

Don’t be ridiculous.

I didn’t find anything unpatriotic or “anti-white” in his statements. I found his statements to be generally true, albeit with a choice of words that tend to wig out some frightened, uninformed white people, and the “very serious white people” in the media punditocracy – i.e., people who go to all white prep schools, and then onto the Ivy League who really have to conception of the African American community, or any disenfranchised communities in America for that matter.

yes but lets through all this crap against the wall now 99% doesn't stick and Barack gets a tiny bruise instead of a head wound later.
It's his election to win with 50% dems and 35% republican identification.
Only a massive screw up losses it for Obama.

Lets say they way Obama handles this makes him stronger! It has made me stronger in his camp.

I believe this will backfire on those opposed to Obama. I LOVE the way he has handled this.

I agree, on pretty much all counts.

Patriotism is NOT nationalism. It's confused too often, and mostly by the right in America. You can love the country, but still have major problems w/ it & see major flaws, and correctly point that out.

People are afraid of the truth. They're afraid to intellecutally challenge their own belief in country; it's easier to go w/ the "love it or leave it" approach, which to me, is pretty far from what I consider to be patriotic.

Back