Canada has ZERO medals

They should be proud, imagine the amount of time saved when you don't do the same damn thing a gazillion times! Only sex is exempted and that is not an Olympic sport!

They don't have enough summer to train for the summer Olympic events.

Hard to get good at something when you only get to do it for about 3 hours a year.

no comment warrented

They might do what we did after the so-called "disaster" at the Montreal Olympics in 1976 where we won two-fifths of nothing. Millions and millions of taxpayers money went into developing athletes so we could all gawk at our athletes crying on the Olympic dais and kissing their medals. Meanwhile back home all that money could have been used for much more worth causes, such as doing something about poverty.

We are such simple minded folks we think that our worth as a nation depends on us getting Olympic medals.

But Canada always has the best track suits.

They might do what we did after the so-called "disaster" at the Montreal Olympics in 1976 where we won two-fifths of nothing. Millions and millions of taxpayers money went into developing athletes so we could all gawk at our athletes crying on the Olympic dais and kissing their medals. Meanwhile back home all that money could have been used for much more worth causes, such as doing something about poverty.

We are such simple minded folks we think that our worth as a nation depends on us getting Olympic medals.

But Canada always has the best track suits.

Great points.

Isn't cheering for your own athletes basically the same as blind patriotism?

You have no idea what the athlete is actually like. In fact, the only reason you know them at all is that they are representing your country in the Olympics.

Isn't cheering for your own athletes basically the same as blind patriotism?

You have no idea what the athlete is actually like. In fact, the only reason you know them at all is that they are representing your country in the Olympics.

Just slightly off topic. I don't know it is elsewhere but here if an Australian, representing themselves, not their country (eg golf, tennis - where it's an individual and not a team competition), is involved in a sport it's reported as if the person, by dint of nationality (and trying to win a big fat winner's purse for themselves), is representing our country. I don't get it.

Sorry, I don't mean to go off topic but I find our tendency to do that quite strange.

Back