Capital gains income’s tax discount is unjustified.

Supposn

Verified User
Capital gains income’s tax discount is unjustified.

Profits due to the sale of anything owned by the seller for at least the full year prior to the sales transaction are granted extraordinary and unjustified tax reductions for their long term capital gain incomes.

I do not argue that incomes of those who continuously reinvest into and strive to nurture their enterprises are MORE worthy but they are CERTAINLY NOT LESS economically worthy than those who choose to “take the money and run”.

The lesser tax rates granted to commercial capital gains reduce federal revenues and increases our budget’s deficits.
(It's politically unfeasible to eliminate this consideration for taxpayers' selling their primary residence).

Tax treatment favoring any particular type of business model discourages enterprises from attempting to innovate and create other business models. I’m generally opposed to government choosing winners and losers.

Many who declare themselves to proponents of competitive enterprises functioning within transparent open markets are actually defenders of our reduced tax rates favoring long term capital gains. They are strong proponents of government welfare programs most favoring large scale investors and their enterprises.

Our nation has been joining those in which extremely small segments of the nations' populations own the greater proportions of their nations' wealth and annual productions.

When such nations experience economic booms, their corporate stock prices increase but the increases are less likely to be fully reflected within their median wage.

A good tide raises ALL vessels; (i.e. both small boats and great ships are raised).

Our economic boons accompanied or caused by increased corporate stock market indicators are too often not accompanied by increased median wages. Such boons are generally unsustainable and their trailing economic down turns too often become net economic loses,

Nations’ with greater dependent upon the wealthy to prop up their economies are poorer (than otherwise) due to that very dependence.
Free enterprises practicing in public, competitive, equitable markets are economically more sound and dependable.
Respectfully, Supposn

Replace the deep tax discount for long term capital gains
and revive the income averaging tax provisions.

I was pleased to use income averaging one taxable year. This tax consideration is not a revenue “give away” for the benefit of the wealthy that are sufficiently and consistently fortunate.

This tax provision was and would again be of benefit to even middle income earners that fortunately earned any unusual boon within any taxable year. It would accomplish this at lesser than long term capital gains’ reductions to our tax revenues.

I’m an advocate of eliminating the long term capital gains loop and restoring the income averaging tax provisions.

Refer to:
http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424052702304490004576422490764070086.html
Respectfully, Supposn

I'm a capitalist so I'm for lower capital gains. If you want to raise them for the rich like Obama's over 1 mil a year income. I'm down with that, otherwise go fuck yourself.

There is little empirical evidence (if any) to support the theoretical rationale for low tax rates on capital gains. In the end, it's just a huge tax break for rich people for no good reason.

All income regardless of source should be taxed at the same rate.

This! It should be about 17% for everyone regardless of the source. First 35,000 tax free and then 17% on every dollar after that, with a 20-22% for everything over 1 mil so long as it pays down the debt. NO Deductions for ANYTHING!

I think most economist ae going to say raising capital gains tax lowers income. Sorry poor people, I mean fags.
The only reason I want to see them raise the capital gains tax is I know that this is where the majority of your retirement income is comming from and I just want to be spiteful! :P

This! It should be about 17% for everyone regardless of the source. First 35,000 tax free and then 17% on every dollar after that, with a 20-22% for everything over 1 mil so long as it pays down the debt. NO Deductions for ANYTHING!

that sounds very familiar (though you used lower rates). :)

Back