carbon dioxide and methane for starters but now...

Don Quixote

cancer survivor
Contributor
reactive nitrogen courtesy of artificial fertilizers given to third world nations and of course used in developed nations...

acid rain anyone and of course another source of green house gas

oh, and organic farming requires compost which gives off all of the above

oh well :pke:

Organic farming does indeed give off those gases. I am not sure of it matches the volume though.

But what organic farming does not do is ruin the soil.

Organic farming does indeed give off those gases. I am not sure of it matches the volume though.

But what organic farming does not do is ruin the soil.

sure it does, the soil / nature was not designed for clearing and planting tomatoes and such in orderly rows.

Gardening of any type hurts the soil.

the early settlers had no chemicals, but would quickly wear out an area and start farming somewhere else. Yes we have better techniques today, but gardening still wears out the soil.

It's amazing to watch the incredible amount of hoops humans jump through before we will admit to ourselves that we have TOO MANY PEOPLE.

sure it does, the soil / nature was not designed for clearing and planting tomatoes and such in orderly rows.

Gardening of any type hurts the soil.

the early settlers had no chemicals, but would quickly wear out an area and start farming somewhere else. Yes we have better techniques today, but gardening still wears out the soil.

usc

tell that to the amish, they understand the meaning of husbandry and husbanding the soil

while we have planted grass, bushes and trees, we put wood chips and bark plus landscaping fabric and have added compost and worms

yard waste is composted and distributed

plus we add barn sweepings from a neighbor to the compost

the soil here is much better than when my mother bought this place in 1975

however, even that has produced some greenhouse gases, just not as much as more artificial farming methods - plus the flora absorbs a lot of those greenhouse gases

usc

tell that to the amish, they understand the meaning of husbandry and husbanding the soil

while we have planted grass, bushes and trees, we put wood chips and bark plus landscaping fabric and have added compost and worms

yard waste is composted and distributed

plus we add barn sweepings from a neighbor to the compost

the soil here is much better than when my mother bought this place in 1975

however, even that has produced some greenhouse gases, just not as much as more artificial farming methods - plus the flora absorbs a lot of those greenhouse gases

Of course not to say that good methods of maintaining the soil are bad, I have also improved the garden soil at my place. But overall.....

It's amazing to watch the incredible amount of hoops humans jump through before we will admit to ourselves that we have TOO MANY PEOPLE.

Thomas Malthus said population growth generally preceded expansion of the population's resources back in the 1700's. people laughed him off.

Thomas Malthus said population growth generally preceded expansion of the population's resources back in the 1700's. people laughed him off.

cd

that is why he always seems to get the last laugh :(

it seems to be the nature of life to expand to its limits and when those limits are exceeded, die off

Back