Céline Dion Slams Donald Trump for Unauthorized Use of ‘My Heart Will Go On’: ‘And Really, That Song?’

Guno צְבִי

We fight, We win
Céline Dion isn’t happy with her iconic “Titanic” soundtrack love song “My Heart Will Go On” being used by Donald Trump, with video of Dion performing the song projected ahead of his speech in Montana this week — she issued a statement Saturday underlining the unauthorized nature of the song’s use by the Republican presidential candidate.

“Today, Celine Dion’s management team and her record label, Sony Music Entertainment Canada Inc., became aware of the unauthorized usage of the video, recording, musical performance, and likeness of Celine Dion singing ‘My Heart Will Go On’ at a Donald Trump / JD Vance campaign rally in Montana,” Dion’s team said in a statement Saturday. “In no way is this use authorized and Celine Dion does not endorse this or any similar use.”

Trump was mocked for the use of the song this week given its association with the film about a ship crashing into an iceberg and sinking into the icy water, killing many of those aboard. The song usage comes as his poll numbers have cratered following President Joe Biden dropping out of the presidential race and being replaced by Vice President Kamala Harris on the Democratic ticket.

Notice Dion didn't ask the dummies to STOP using the song. Having been among the artists who turned down an invitation to perform at Trump's inauguration, she probably appreciates how well it suits them.

Last edited:
I'm not buying this......it is fairly easy to acquire the rights to use songs under copyright laws.......you buy a license that covers virtually every song available to radio stations.......it is cheap enough that our local church can buy it.......I refuse to believe that a political campaign did not obtain such a license......if Celine doesn't want a licensee to use songs they pay for she shouldn't put it on the market......everything else is discrimination......

we see this every four years.......lib'rul songwriters don't get to choose who buys their music.......

Céline Dion isn’t happy with her iconic “Titanic” soundtrack love song “My Heart Will Go On” being used by Donald Trump, with video of Dion performing the song projected ahead of his speech in Montana this week — she issued a statement Saturday underlining the unauthorized nature of the song’s use by the Republican presidential candidate.

“Today, Celine Dion’s management team and her record label, Sony Music Entertainment Canada Inc., became aware of the unauthorized usage of the video, recording, musical performance, and likeness of Celine Dion singing ‘My Heart Will Go On’ at a Donald Trump / JD Vance campaign rally in Montana,” Dion’s team said in a statement Saturday. “In no way is this use authorized and Celine Dion does not endorse this or any similar use.”

Trump was mocked for the use of the song this week given its association with the film about a ship crashing into an iceberg and sinking into the icy water, killing many of those aboard. The song usage comes as his poll numbers have cratered following President Joe Biden dropping out of the presidential race and being replaced by Vice President Kamala Harris on the Democratic ticket.

:sadbaby:

Artists have no legal right under Old America rules to decide who can listen to and play their music so long as they get paid.

I'm not buying this......it is fairly easy to acquire the rights to use songs under copyright laws.......you buy a license that covers virtually every song available to radio stations.......it is cheap enough that our local church can buy it.......I refuse to believe that a political campaign did not obtain such a license......if Celine doesn't want a licensee to use songs they pay for she shouldn't put it on the market......everything else is discrimination......

we see this every four years.......lib'rul songwriters don't get to choose who buys their music.......
If the owner of the copyright does not want to sell you the license, then you cannot use the song. You may say that is discrimination, but then it is 100% legal discrimination.

If you write a song, you can ban it from being used to advertise condoms, Coca Cola, or Harris... Whatever you want, because it is your song.

Back