Change you can't live in

A highlight from Obama's skinny résumé:

"The candidate endorsed subsidies for private entrepreneurs to build low-income units. But, while he garnered support from developers, many projects in his former district have fallen into disrepair.

As a state senator, the presumptive Democratic presidential nominee coauthored an Illinois law creating a new pool of tax credits for developers.

As a US senator, he pressed for increased federal subsidies. And as a presidential candidate, he has campaigned on a promise to create an Affordable Housing Trust Fund that could give developers an estimated $500 million a year.

But a Globe review found that thousands of apartments across Chicago that had been built with local, state, and federal subsidies - including several hundred in Obama's former district - deteriorated so completely that they were no longer habitable.

Grove Parc and several other prominent failures were developed and managed by Obama's close friends and political supporters. Those people profited from the subsidies even as many of Obama's constituents suffered. Tenants lost their homes; surrounding neighborhoods were blighted
."

http://www.boston.com/news/nation/articles/2008/06/27/grim_proving_ground_for_obamas_housing_policy/

A when he reaches the gates of Heaven,to Saint Peter he well tell,one last soldier reporting sir,I've served my time in hell.

Isn't that kinda like saying some dog shit smells better than others?:cof1:
Not really. Some trolls never spark conversation, they are boring. This guy adds a bit to the site, some good conversations have been started on some of his posts.

Not really. Some trolls never spark conversation, they are boring. This guy adds a bit to the site, some good conversations have been started on some of his posts.

I'm sorry Damo but I find him to be a garden variety, grenade tossing troll with all the same lame straw man arguments we've heard a zillion times before from other wing nuts. To give him my worst insult, I find him horribly boring.

Back