Cheney apologizes to West Virginians for inbreeding joke

LadyT

JPP Modarater
Contributor
tee hee...

http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.co...gizes-to-west-virginians-for-inbreeding-joke/

WASHINGTON (CNN) – Vice President Dick Cheney apologized Monday for what his spokeswoman called "an inappropriate attempt at humor" that implied that inbreeding is common among West Virginians, a remark that elicited outrage from the state's senior senator.

Asked during a question-and-answer session at the National Press Club about the fact that a search of his family tree found he is a distant relative of Sen. Barack Obama, the Democratic presidential front-runner, Cheney said the two politicians were unlikely to hold a family reunion.

He said that the Cheney line on his father's side of the family dates to 1630's, and a Cheney family line on his mother's side dates to the 1650's.

"So, I had Cheneys on both sides of the family — and we don't even live in West Virginia," Cheney cracked. After pausing for laughter from the crowd, Cheney added, "You can say those things when you're not running for re-election." ...

Vice President Dick Cheney apologized Monday for what his spokeswoman called "an inappropriate attempt at humor" that implied that inbreeding is common among West Virginians,

This will probably be the only time I'll ever defend Cheney.

He shouldn't apologize for something that is patently true.

Vice President Dick Cheney apologized Monday for what his spokeswoman called "an inappropriate attempt at humor" that implied that inbreeding is common among West Virginians,

This will probably be the only time I'll ever defend Cheney.

He shouldn't apologize for something that is patently true.

LOL, its so wrong, but its so hilarious at the same time.

...and just how is this enlightened? You're always going around calling yourself "The Enlightened One". I think you have a lot of nerve!

Her words, not mine (although you may have touched on something with Down Syndrome guess). I tried to make her feel comfortable and just rolled with it. Pardon me for trying to make friends.

It's totally true! The crooked teeth (if they have any), the crossed eyes, and the slack jaws are dead giveaways.

My personal favorite was this:

"You can say those things when you're not running for re-election." .

I wonder what other gems the lame ducks are going to give us in the coming months.

Meme, judging from what I've see you've got the IQ of a rock, and the personality of a filing cabinet.

Do you have any purpose being here?

Back