Chess

AProudLefty

Black Kitty Ain't Happy
I am always hovering between 500 and 600 ELO. I am trying to reach 600 but apparently I am not that good as of yet. Been practicing a lot. I know I can get to 600 ELO in 10 minute speed chess.

If you want to play with me, you know who I am.

https://www.chess.com/home

Too bad you didn't put this up two years ago, I would have played. Now I won't.

Do you attack or defend with your rooks?

I like having both rooks sitting in the middle of the board.

When I was a teenager, my chess expert friend taught me to never take out the rooks early. It's a recipe for defeat.

However, after a few moves, you can use Queen as a stronghold.

Have the queen, bishop(s) and knight(s) protect each other and you've essentially fortified your defense. It's non-penetrable.

I like having both rooks sitting in the middle of the board.

I almost always attack with them but I never move them early. Every move you make away from the center early is a move that costs you on defense. Keep the rooks back early, use the queen to defend...sacrifice the bishops. Knights kick ass.

I almost always attack with them but I never move them early. Every move you make away from the center early is a move that costs you on defense. Keep the rooks back early, use the queen to defend...sacrifice the bishops. Knights kick ass.

Exactly. It is not a good idea to use the rooks early.

That's right. Knights and rooks attacking with pawns held back until needed.

Castling is a defensive move. I prefer to stay on the attack in speed chess.

In a 10 minute chess game, I build a defense line then free my King to castle to the left or to the right, depending on the opponent's offensive.

In a 10 minute chess game, I build a defense line then free my King to castle to the left or to the right, depending on the opponent's offensive.
Keeping both rooks back usually means you have to sacrifice your queen. It becomes an uphill battle.

Back