Christians vandalize Christmas displays in attacks on tradition

Timshel

It's a shame that Christians have destroyed this tradition. Now they claim they have some right to be given a platform at the expense of taxpayers. Takers, that's what I call them. :)

http://global.christianpost.com/news/atheist-action-halts-calif-nativity-display-churches-go-to-court-85181/

Churches are going to federal court to reclaim their freedom of speech after the city of Santa Monica, Calif., decided to end a nearly 60-year tradition of having Christian displays of the nativity in a public park due to an uproar caused by atheists' anti-God signs.
Last Christmas season, there were 13 individuals that entered the race for the 21 spaces available at the park rather than the usual three. The sudden high demand for spots, especially by atheists recruited by Vix, prompted Santa Monica's City Hall to implement a random lottery system to determine who would have access to the spots. This left the Nativity Committee with only two spaces on which they were able to put up only three of the usual 14 scenes.

The atheists used half their spaces, displaying anti-God signs, most of which were vandalized. This led the city to effectively end the tradition that began in 1953.

<SarcasticReplyToMyThreadTrolling>

How come none of the conservatives are decrying the vandalism of Christmas diplays and the takers demanding government support? I know many of them are not really against marriage equality nor are they opposed to desegregation. Instead they are opposed to government expenditures. So they will be happy to maintain their commitment to principle and tell these Christian takers that they are not entitled to government support.

</SarcasticReplyToMyThreadTrolling>

It's a shame that Christians have destroyed this tradition. Now they claim they have some right to be given a platform at the expense of taxpayers. Takers, that's what I call them. :)

http://global.christianpost.com/news/atheist-action-halts-calif-nativity-display-churches-go-to-court-85181/

Churches are going to federal court to reclaim their freedom of speech after the city of Santa Monica, Calif., decided to end a nearly 60-year tradition of having Christian displays of the nativity in a public park due to an uproar caused by atheists' anti-God signs.
Last Christmas season, there were 13 individuals that entered the race for the 21 spaces available at the park rather than the usual three. The sudden high demand for spots, especially by atheists recruited by Vix, prompted Santa Monica's City Hall to implement a random lottery system to determine who would have access to the spots. This left the Nativity Committee with only two spaces on which they were able to put up only three of the usual 14 scenes.

The atheists used half their spaces, displaying anti-God signs, most of which were vandalized. This led the city to effectively end the tradition that began in 1953.

ST had a lack of reading comprehension....

He says Christians vandalize Christmas displays, when the his post clearly says that anti-God signs, were vandalized.

Unless hes meatheaded enough to claim that anti-God signs are now Christmas signs.....

ST had a lack of reading comprehension....

He says Christians vandalize Christmas displays, when the his post clearly says that anti-God signs, were vandalized.

Unless hes meatheaded enough to claim that anti-God signs are now Christmas signs.....

Were the signs placed during the Christmas season?

Were the signs displayed?

Then they were, by definition, "Christmas displays" despite your pitiful spin.

traditions are not always worth saving.

want to put up a christmas display.

Use your own property and not city, county, state or federal property

traditions are not always worth saving.

want to put up a christmas display.

Use your own property and not city, county, state or federal property

And be sure you were not dumb enough to buy in a deed restricted community which might prohibit your putting up a display.

Were the signs placed during the Christmas season?

Were the signs displayed?

Then they were, by definition, "Christmas displays" despite your pitiful spin.

So that how its determined.....If I display a sign in my yard to says Fuck Democrats during hunting season, then it is, by definition, a hunting sign....

PS....Those stupid pills you're taking are working great

So that how its determined.....If I display a sign in my yard to says Fuck Democrats during hunting season, then it is, by definition, a hunting sign....

PS....Those stupid pills you're taking are working great

And that makes perfect sense because hunting season, like Christmas, is a time when multitudes of people all across the nation festoon their homes and yards with decorative "hunting season" signs and displays...

Hunting season, like Christmas, is a time when families gather together around the gaily decorated remains of this years holiday kill, and sing festive hunting season carols...how many signs did you place in your yard this year announcing your plans to kill some innocent creatures?

I'm guessing your brand of stupid isn't medically induced, but rather just plain old ordinary home grown stupid, passed on from one stupid member of your family to another.

And that makes perfect sense because hunting season, like Christmas, is a time when multitudes of people all across the nation festoon their homes and yards with decorative "hunting season" signs and displays...

Hunting season, like Christmas, is a time when families gather together around the gaily decorated remains of this years holiday kill, and sing festive hunting season carols...how many signs did you place in your yard this year announcing your plans to kill some innocent creatures?

I'm guessing your brand of stupid isn't medically induced, but rather just plain old ordinary home grown stupid, passed on from one stupid member of your family to another.

Now you're confusing signs with singing carols and colored displays.....
thats what I really like about you, you make one stupid post in post 5 and when its pointed out to you, we can always rely on your
making another one in defense of the first......damn, its as sure as night follows day.....

Back