Client 9

Big Brother?

http://www.tnr.com/politics/story.html?id=c5005f31-237e-4f9d-bca1-891c7aa2b7b2

"The story emerging around the fall of Eliot Spitzer suggests that the case did not start with the report of a crime. Rather it started with a decision to look into Spitzer and his financial dealings. In the course of an open-ended investigation, information about a prostitution circle surfaced. That looks abusive. An investigation like that provides no basis to acquit Spitzer. But it suggests that when his case is done, the public should be pressing some tough questions about why this investigation was launched and pushed forward."

Big Brother?

"The story emerging around the fall of Eliot Spitzer suggests that the case did not start with the report of a crime. Rather it started with a decision to look into Spitzer and his financial dealings. In the course of an open-ended investigation, information about a prostitution circle surfaced. That looks abusive. An investigation like that provides no basis to acquit Spitzer. But it suggests that when his case is done, the public should be pressing some tough questions about why this investigation was launched and pushed forward."

What's that got to do with it? Do you think the chick is hot or not?

I know this is a political site but I can't believe there is only one comment on whether this girl is attractive or not.

Big Brother?

Hey he aint above the law and he got caught.

I do kinda wonder though that they said his 4 thousand dollar transactions triggered the investigation becuase it looked like bribery. Who did they think he was bribing? Usually the politicain is the one getting the money not giving it.

Hummm.............

I know this is a political site but I can't believe there is only one comment on whether this girl is attractive or not.

I saw her pics the first time today on msn ...to be honest on a scale of 10...I would rank her about a 7 physically...mentally about a 4...but hey what the hell do I know I am a old fart!

Big Brother?

The investigation was mandated by law, the Banking Secrecy Act, passed in 1970 by a heavily Democrat-dominated Congress during the Nixon administration as part of their accelerating "War on Drugs". Any cash transaction in any bank above a certain amount, must be reported to the IRS and investigated. Spitzer made large cash withdrawls to pay his hooker, buy her airline tickets, etc. Investigators found that buying the prostitute an airline ticket to come from Florida to New York, constituted "transporting a woman across a state line for immoral purposes", something that's been a Federal crime for more than a century.

Once they found that, he was toast. And they couldn't legally NOT investigate him.

Now they're looking into whether any of the prostitutes Spitzer used, were under age 18 at the time. If any of them was, he's not just toast, he's powdered ashes. Defenses like "She told me she was 18, I didn't know" don't fly in that case. An underage girl is legally assumed to be incapable of giving consent. Doesn't matter how much she was paid or how willing she was, or even her documented "work history". It's statutory rape all the way, no appeal.

Odd thing was, being a former DA specializing in prosecuting prostitution rings, Spitzer knew all that. Yet he went ahead anyway.

Last edited:
Hey he aint above the law and he got caught.

I do kinda wonder though that they said his 4 thousand dollar transactions triggered the investigation becuase it looked like bribery. Who did they think he was bribing? Usually the politicain is the one getting the money not giving it.

With the new laws, financial institutions are required to report suspicious activity. Multiple transactions under the $10k to offshore accounts are considered suspicious (it looks like money laundering). From what I recall, that is what sent up the red flag and why the financial institution reported him.

The new requirements are a bit much and often times they lead to a hassle for people who are doing nothing illegal or even unethical....

Of course, now that the requirements have inadvertently bagged Spitzer's career, I am guessing that many financial institutions will no longer bitch quite so much about them. :)

The investigation was mandated by law, the Banking Secrecy Act, passed in 1970 by a heavily Democrat-dominated Congress during the Nixon administration as part of their accelerating "War on Drugs". Any cash transaction in any bank above a certain amount, must be reported to the IRS and investigated. Spitzer made large cash withdrawls to pay his hooker, buy her airline tickets, etc. Investigators found that buying the prostitute an airline ticket to come from Florida to New York, constituted "transporting a woman across a state line for immoral purposes", something that's been a Federal crime for more than a century.

Once they found that, he was toast. And they couldn't legally NOT investigate him.

Now they're looking into whether any of the prostitutes Spitzer used, were under age 18 at the time. If any of them was, he's not just toast, he's powdered ashes. Defenses like "She told me she was 18, I didn't know" don't fly in that case. An underage girl is legally assumed to be incapable of giving consent. It's statutory rape all the way, no appeal.

Odd thing was, being a former DA specializing in prosecuting prostitution rings, Spitzer knew all that. Yet he went ahead anyway.

You are both right and wrong.... they were required to report the transactions as suspicious. But your above description is for transactions over $10k.

It was after 9/11 that the new requirements came into play. Now multiple transactions under $10k can also be considered suspicious.

Very. Too bad she chose to sell the body rather than expand the mind and make herself attractive in more than one way.

That's a little judgemental isn't it?

Maybe she was using the money to buy the complete works of Proust?

Very. Too bad she chose to sell the body rather than expand the mind and make herself attractive in more than one way.

Agreed. Looks like she bailed on the home life at an early age and tried to make it on her own. I am betting she turns this situation into a very profitable venture. Book deals, interviews etc....

Of course you should probably ban Water from this thread... poor horny little boy might have a stroke.

In what way? She chose her profession, not me. If she was truly smart she would be the Madam, not the employee.

I'm sure the rewards were ample.

There seem to be plenty of people on this board who are glad to see the demise of Mr Spitzer. I can only assume there is some latent jealousy at work, that she got to fuck him first.

LOL...............

I'm sure the rewards were ample.

There seem to be plenty of people on this board who are glad to see the demise of Mr Spitzer. I can only assume there is some latent jealousy at work, that she got to fuck him first.

Right he was #9 out of how many hundreds/ thousands...?
Sloppy hundreds is yucky!:eek:

Back