Clinton goes for LBJ/Goldwater/Daisy effect w/ new ad

Onceler

"Hillary Clinton on Friday stepped up the ad wars with Barack Obama, releasing a 30-second TV spot that hammered away at her campaign’s theme that she will be “ready to lead from Day One” — and that the Obama campaign dismissed as fear-mongering.

The new ad shows images of children sleeping in their homes and asks viewers who they want “answering the phone” in the White House during a crisis."

http://elections.foxnews.com/2008/0...-who-they-want-answering-the-phone-in-crisis/

One thing Americans can be sure of when Hillary picks up the "crisis call." No matter what time of day or night, she'll hop right into her "action plan" of rousing every pollster she can find to see what course of action will be most popular & least likely for the opposition to criticize. Once the polls are in, she'll press forward like the intrepid, bold leader she claims to be....

"The ad begins with a somber voiceover that says:

“It’s 3 a.m. and your children are safe and asleep. But there’s a phone in the White House and it’s ringing. Something’s happening in the world.

“Your vote will decide who answers that call … whether it’s someone who already knows the world’s leaders, knows the military — someone tested and ready to lead in a dangerous world.”

After panning across shots of babies and children sleeping in a quiet suburban setting, the ad cuts to Clinton answering that ringing phone."

Good lord...

The Obama response was pretty good:

"We don't think the ad is going to be effective at all. Senator Clinton already had her red phone moment -- to decide whether to allow George Bush to invade Iraq. She answered affirmatively. She did not read the National Intelligence Estimate. She still, curiously, tries to suggest that it wasn't a vote for war, but it most assuredly was...

"This is about what you say when you answer that phone. What judgment you show...She, John McCain and George Bush gave the wrong answer."

"The ad begins with a somber voiceover that says:

“It’s 3 a.m. and your children are safe and asleep. But there’s a phone in the White House and it’s ringing. Something’s happening in the world.

“Your vote will decide who answers that call … whether it’s someone who already knows the world’s leaders, knows the military — someone tested and ready to lead in a dangerous world.”

After panning across shots of babies and children sleeping in a quiet suburban setting, the ad cuts to Clinton answering that ringing phone."

Good lord...

Wow. I guess she took Karl Rove’s advice and went with the fear-mongering. I think he was the one who came right out and said that is what he would advise her, last week. It was one of those lunatics.

Wow. I guess she took Karl Rove’s advice and went with the fear-mongering. I think he was the one who came right out and said that is what he would advise her, last week. It was one of those lunatics.
Hillary Roveham Clinton

If she goes quietly after this Tuesday when she gets killed in the 1/3 caucus part of the texas primary thus losing texas.. then i may actualy gain some respect for her. Im expecting that unless obama's numbers become impossible to overcome she will kick and screem all the way to the convention in her attempt to seize power.

One thing that kills me about the Clinton campaign has been the use of the word "tested." What does she mean by that? Does she mean the scathing crossfire of the Monica scandal?

Or maybe the only real foreign policy "test" they've had since she's been Senator...the decision to invade Iraq?

"Tested"...who is she fooling w/ that?

Back