Clinton: We Didn't Lose a single person in Libya

anatta

100% recycled karma
Hillary Clinton on Monday defended the intervention in Libya that she championed as secretary of state, telling MSNBC's Chris Matthews that the United States "didn't lose a single person."

“Libya was a different kind of calculation. And we didn't lose a single person. We didn't have a problem in supporting our European and Arab allies in working with NATO,” the former secretary of state said during an MSNBC town hall on Monday night.

Clinton may have been referring strictly to the U.S.-backed overthrow of Libyan dictator Muammar Qaddafi in 2011, which indeed saw no loss of American lives and cost just around $1 billion. But her comments ignore the 2012 attacks at the U.S. mission and CIA outpost in Benghazi, which killed four people including U.S. Ambassador J. Christopher Stevens.

Ousting Qaddafi was worth it, Clinton said.

“Now, is Libya perfect? It isn't. But did they have two elections that were free and fair where they voted for moderates. Yes, they did. So you know, changing from a dictator who has hollowed out your country to something resembling a functioning state and even hopefully more of a democratic one doesn't happen overnight,” she said. “And we've got to continue to support the Libyan people, to give them a chance, because otherwise you see what has happened in Syria, with the consequences of millions of people flooding out of Syria, with more than 250,000 people killed, with terrorist groups like ISIS taking up almost -- huge blocks of territory, as big as some of the states in that area.”
http://www.politico.com/blogs/2016-...s/2016/03/hillary-clinton-libya-deaths-220762

so there you go. Bernie simply cannot call out Clinton on foreign policy. Libya wasn't a "hollowed out country"

For over four decades, Gaddafi promoted economic democracy and used the nationalized oil wealth to sustain progressive social welfare programs for all Libyans. Under Gaddafi’s rule, Libyans enjoyed not only free health-care and free education, but also free electricity and interest-free loans.

Under Gaddafi, Islamic terrorism was virtually non existent and in 2009 the US State Department called Libya “an important ally in the war on terrorism”.

America’s bombing campaign of 2011 has not only destroyed the infrastructure of Libya’s democracy, America has also actively promoted ISIS terror group leader Abdelhakim Belhadj whose organization is making the establishment of Libyan democracy impossible.
http://www.counterpunch.org/2015/10...afi-to-terrorist-haven-after-us-intervention/

Great Man Made River

In October 2001, the Great Man-Made River Authority (GMRA) awarded an $82m contract for the construction of major new pumping facilities to a consortium led by Frankenthal KSB Fluid Systems. In January of the following year, the Nippon Koei / Halcrow consortium was selected to provide the preliminary engineering and design works for phase III of the operation, worth $15.5m.

The pumping station was completed and KSB was subsequently responsible for servicing the plant and providing technical support for one year after completion.

In phase III, an additional 1,200km of pipelines were laid, which ultimately increased the total daily supply capacity of the existing system to 3.68 million cubic metres and provided a further 138,000 cubic metres a day to Tobruk and the coast. Phase III was completed by 2009.

On 22 July 2011 Nato warplanes attacked a pipe making plant at Brega killing six of the facility's security guards. Nato claimed that the building had been used as a military storage facility and rockets were launched from there by pro-Gadaffi troops.
http://www.water-technology.net/projects/gmr/

Deaths from the bombing of Libya in 2011 are estimated at 30,000, although many more have died from the civil war which still ensues.
Clinton doesn't care. After it was a nice clean bombing campaign and "we didn't lose a single person"

Libyan Civil War 2014 - Present

^ the documented truth about Libya, during and after the US/NATO war (my blog)

All the republican candidates want to see "Boots on the ground " in Syria.
We would lose thousands of persons.
Is that what you want?

All the republican candidates want to see "Boots on the ground " in Syria.
We would lose thousands of persons.
Is that what you want?
WTF does that have to do with the Libyan bombing campaign.
But if you want to bring up Syria; recall it was Hillary who worked the shuttle diplomacy for her "friends of Syria" initiative
that provided international support for so called "secular rebels" ( western backed/non-Islamists).

as a result it helped weaken Assad and prolong the ongoing Civil War..which Clinton claims the Libyan war prevented -
i.e. turning it into a long war like Syria. (anther lie since Qadaffi was well on the way to putting down the insurrection)

Clinton lies, obfuscates, twist logic into pretzels, and ignores the destruction she leaves in her path; calling it "smart power"

Clinton calls for 'friends of democratic Syria' to unite against Bashar al-Assad
http://www.theguardian.com/world/2012/feb/05/hillary-clinton-syria-assad-un
Faced with a neutered security council, we have to redouble our efforts outside of the United Nations with those allies and partners who support the Syrian people's right to have a better future," Clinton told reporters after meeting top Bulgarian officials.

The creation of a formal group of like-minded countries to co-ordinate assistance for Syria's opposition, similar to the Contact Group on Libya that oversaw international aid for opponents of Muammar Gaddafi, is possible. However, in the case of Libya, the group also co-ordinated Nato military operations to protect Libyan civilians, something that is not envisioned in Syria.

US officials said a group would work to further squeeze the Assad regime by enhancing sanctions, unite disparate opposition groups inside and outside the country, and provide humanitarian relief.

Later on she supported arming the Syran rebels.. another fiasco

Last edited:
WTF does that have to do with the Libyan bombing campaign.
But if you want to bring up Syria; recall it was Hillary who worked the shuttle diplomacy for her "friends of Syria" initiative
that provided international support for so called "secular rebels" ( western backed/non-Islamists).

as a result it helped weaken Assad and prolong the ongoing Civil War..which Clinton claims the Libyan war prevented -
i.e. turning it into a long war like Syria. (anther lie since Qadaffi was well on the way to putting down the insurrection)

Clinton lies, obfuscates, twist logic into pretzels, and ignores the destruction she leaves in her path; calling it "smart power"

Clinton calls for 'friends of democratic Syria' to unite against Bashar al-Assad
http://www.theguardian.com/world/2012/feb/05/hillary-clinton-syria-assad-un

Later on she supported arming the Syran rebels.. another fiasco

I trust that she won't put "Boots on the ground". That is enough for most Americans.

I trust that she won't put "Boots on the ground". That is enough for most Americans.

she's supporting Special OPs in Iraq -about 5k so far. Also Special Ops in Syria - Trump is all over the place;
who knows what his latest is; but Clinton is an innate interventionist -there is no reason to "trust her"

she's supporting Special OPs in Iraq -about 5k so far. Also Special Ops in Syria - Trump is all over the place;
who knows what his latest is; but Clinton is an innate interventionist -there is no reason to "trust her"

Then vote for Sanders, I support you in that choice.

Then vote for Sanders, I support you in that choice.
I did vote for sanders in the Florida primary yesterday; but the point remains Clinton is an innate interventionist -
and a shape shifting liar of convenience ..she will not get my vote in the general..no sane Democrat should support her if she wins the nomination.

She has failed in every aspect as sec of State ( including the Russian reset)

I did vote for sanders in the Florida primary yesterday; but the point remains Clinton is an innate interventionist -
and a shape shifting liar of convenience ..she will not get my vote in the general..no sane Democrat should support her if she wins the nomination.

I always appreciate hearing your foreign policy perspective.

Regarding your conversation here you have to remember that Legion Leon is 1) a troll and 2) a Democratic hack so the substance of your argument means nothing to him

I always appreciate hearing your foreign policy perspective.

Regarding your conversation here you have to remember that Legion Leon is 1) a troll and 2) a Democratic hack so the substance of your argument means nothing to him

You dodged the question I presented to you, about JPP racists, cwacko. What are you afraid of?

It is always refreshing to principled left wingers. Would you write in a candidate?

It is always refreshing to principled left wingers. Would you write in a candidate?
thank you. I have voted 3rd party before -Gary Johnson last time as a reaction to Obama's miserable foreign policies -Libya being the most egregious.

Bu it's not very self-satisfying; you feel like you are on the sidelines..This time it's ABC=Anybody But Clinton.

But that doesn't necessarily mean voting for Trump either. Trump has the advantage of being an outsider -
I think that's important, but he's pretty disgusting demeanor might 'trump' that notion.

Weasel see.

Back