Clinton whines that Bernie needs to support her

anatta

100% recycled karma
Hillary Clinton on Monday dismissed the notion that she needs to adopt some of Bernie Sanders’ positions to unite the party if she becomes the Democratic nominee, arguing during an MSNBC town hall that she has millions more votes and more specific proposals than her rival.

“I have a bigger lead in pledged delegates than Senator [Barack] Obama, when I ran against him in 2008, ever had over me. I am winning,” Clinton said during the town hall moderated by Rachel Maddow. “And I’m winning because of what I stand for and what I’ve done and what my ideas are.”

In an appearance on “Meet The Press” on Sunday, Sanders acknowledged he has only a “narrow path” to the Democratic presidential nomination. But he said it will be Clinton’s responsibility to win over his supporters if she captures the nomination. He has also said he feels he is the stronger candidate to run against Donald Trump, or whoever the Republican nominee is, in the general election.

During the town hall, Clinton said her battle with the eventual nominee eight years ago was “so much closer” than her current race against Sanders.

“We got to the end in June and I did not put down conditions. I didn’t say, ‘You know what, if Sen. Obama does W, Y, and Z maybe I’ll support him,” Clinton told MSNBC’s Rachel Maddow. “I said I am supporting Sen. Obama.”

The former secretary of state argued she has more specific and robust policy proposals than Sanders, and made multiple references to the Vermont senator’s editorial board interview with New York Daily News where he struggled to provide details on his biggest campaign promises.

Clinton declined to call on Sanders to drop out if the primaries end and he is still trailing her in pledged delegates. However, Clinton said she spent “an enormous amount of time” convincing her supporters they should support Obama after she ended her first presidential campaign in June 2008.

http://www.msnbc.com/msnbc/clinton-i-did-not-put-down-conditions-supporting-obama-2008

We got to the end in June and I did not put down conditions. I didn’t say, ‘You know what, if Sen. Obama does W, Y, and Z maybe I’ll support him,” Clinton told MSNBC’s Rachel Maddow. “I said I am supporting Sen. Obama
Bernie is not making any demands for supporting the Dem -he said he would -it's more whining and falsification byClinton

Last edited:
1.sanders ( correctly) states that if he should lose the nomination it's NOT HIS JOB to convince his supporters to back Clinton.
He said tonight "I'm not telling my supporters to do anything -if I should lose it's up to Sec. Clinton to sway voters"
IOW if Clinton wants their support, let her away them herself

2.the rest of this crap by Clinton is the usual claptrap that only Clinton can govern, that Bernie is unable to implement his ideas
and other sliming by characterizations that Bernie and his supporters are pie in the sky idealists.

If Bernie was POTUS, do you not think he could work a legislative eagenda, and truth be told Clinton will come in with her baggage ?
I doubt she will even get the so called Honeymoon

B9316488024Z.1_20150305115212_000_G8UA4QPH5.1-0.jpg

in her defense it is logical to think that millions more democrats want her vision for america more than bernies vision for america. If the reverse were true then he would be winning.

Adopting bernies positions would be screwing over her supporters. If they liked bernies positions then... well they would have voted for bernie.

in her defense it is logical to think that millions more democrats want her vision for america more than bernies vision for america. If the reverse were true then he would be winning.

Adopting bernies positions would be screwing over her supporters. If they liked bernies positions then... well they would have voted for bernie.

Bernie is not calling for her to adopt his positions, nor asking his supporters to require such

is it logical to assume that Democrats who want Bernie's vision for America need to settle for hers?......many actually prefer Trump's vision for America if Bernie loses......

Back