CNN just called it

Sucker... u been played out by the Superfreak, Superfreak... superfreaky...
Oh yeah: take your cheap solace where you may. My kind have just won an Historic Victory and we shall not be dragged down into the gutter of "Nyah nyah nyah".

Remember, you're still hallucinating.

That said, I will celebrate the victory in the sense that it is indeed historic. I still don't agree with many of his proposed policies, but again, I will give him a chance to prove he is the leader he says he is. Two years. In that time, with Dems in control of both Houses of Congress, we shall see exactly what type of leader he is.

I encourage everyone to give him the benefit of the doubt and for those who opposed his election... do try to end the vitriolic hatred that seems to have been tossed out for the past 16 years.

He was not my choice, but it seems he will be my President. I pray, wish, hope he is the best his most ardent supporters think.

He was not my choice, but it seems he will be my President. I pray, wish, hope he is the best his most ardent supporters think.
A response worthy of John McCain . . . and (tonight) I mean that in the best way possible. :)

Having read Obama's books, I think we all may be surprised by what he turns out to be. Honestly, he wasn't my choice either: I'm a Green, after all. I do think we may have another wild card like unto John Kennedy on our hands. Who knows what may happen?

A response worthy of John McCain . . . and (tonight) I mean that in the best way possible. :)

Having read Obama's books, I think we all may be surprised by what he turns out to be. Honestly, he wasn't my choice either: I'm a Green, after all. I do think we may have another wild card like unto John Kennedy on our hands. Who knows what may happen?

That's a great point because can anyone say for sure whether he will lead from the left or be a centrist? Wild card is a good term.

Thank GOD Obama won! Now I can relax for the next 4 years. :) Next we have to see how many assassination attempts on Mr. Obama there will be and who will eventually succeed. Still, Mr. Biden is better than both McCain and Palin put together.

Time to get America back on track! :clink:

That's a great point because can anyone say for sure whether he will lead from the left or be a centrist? Wild card is a good term.
More even than that, my friend, he may find ways that defy labels like "left" or "centrist". I rather hope that he does.

The thing that set JFK apart, in my view, is the way he grew into the job. When he was elected, he was an elitist little prick. By the time he reached his second year in office, though, he was something much more.

Obama may well be another of that kind. I certainly hope so.

That said, I will celebrate the victory in the sense that it is indeed historic. I still don't agree with many of his proposed policies, but again, I will give him a chance to prove he is the leader he says he is. Two years. In that time, with Dems in control of both Houses of Congress, we shall see exactly what type of leader he is.

I encourage everyone to give him the benefit of the doubt and for those who opposed his election... do try to end the vitriolic hatred that seems to have been tossed out for the past 16 years.

That's a nice sentiment SF and I hope it comes to pass. The past 16 years have been just disgusting with the hate, I agree.

Hell I just hope he's competent. After 8 years of ineptitude I just hope and pray he can do the job! The last guy really sucked!

I think the bar has been set pretty low. He doesn't have to do much to be an improvement. I hope he does far more. But time will tell.

First class intellect with a first class temperment.

He will be a great leader who like he said himself will make a few fits and starts along the way but who is willing to do the research into every issue ( including listening to all sides on them) and employing the greatest minds to the tasks.

America has made such a differance this day, The world will forever remember this day.

Back