Colorado/Coach Prime

cawacko

How fvcking great have they been this season?! We had this horrible off-season with teams changing conferences etc. that put a not so positive light on the sport and then here comes Deion and Colorado with the feel good story of the year. (I admit a certain level of bias as my sister went to CU so I've always rooted for them from a distance)

You have a combination of no real dominate teams (at least yet) and very few great matchups early on which allowed for the media to focus on Colorado, and they have not disappointed. I've seen friends on Facebook, who never post about college football posting about watching CU. Deion is a cultural force. He appeals to everyone, but especially within the black community. Like the commentator Mark Jones said at the beginning of last week's game "it like a BET awards show on the sideline".

They're not going to go undefeated and they aren't going to make the playoff. But after going 1-11 and having one of the least talented rosters in the country last year, this has been an absolute amazing turn around. And Deion can get into the living room of almost every top recruit in the country. Doesn't mean they will all go to Colorado, but they will answer his call. They should only get better.

I'll also throw in I love that the focus is not on the SEC for a change as well. College football risks becoming a more regional sport and having excitement from another part of the country is an added bonus.

And speaking of college football, what's up Archives?! How many years did you kick me when USC was down saying we would never be back? Like I told you, you were missing what was happening. Look at Alabama and the struggles they went through pre-Saban. Your head coach makes a huge difference and we had one who used training wheels in Clay Helton. Now we're #5, have the returning Heisman winner and have as good a shot at the playoffs as anyone else. (Not saying we'll make it because our D is still questionable, but we have a shot.)

Not too late to join the bandwagon my man.

How imaginative for Colorado to hire a mediocre baseball player to the football head coaching job!

Although on second thought, Sanders' .263 career batting average is actually pretty good by today's standards.

!

How imaginative for Colorado to hire a mediocre baseball player to the football head coaching job!

Although on second thought, Sanders' .263 career batting average is actually pretty good by today's standards.

!

You're old, I'm pretty sure the analytic geeks who run things today don't care about batting average.

Back