Colt AR-15 saves lives?

Cancel 2018. 3

<-- sched 2, MJ sched 1
Sharon-Jo Ramboz was a teen-ager when, home alone one day, she was beaten and left for dead by a man who had broken into the house. She was emotionally devastated and dropped out of school. Years later, in 1989, after she was married and had children, another man broke into her home, in suburban Maryland. This time she was ready.

"I calmly walked to our closet where the firearm was stored," she testified today at a Congressional hearing on the proposed repeal of last year's ban on 19 varieties of assault weapons. "I took my Colt AR-15 semiautomatic rifle" and "inserted the magazine while I was in the closet.

"I walked to the top of the stairs. Then I pulled back the bolt and, letting it go, chambered a round."

That act, which loaded a bullet for firing, produced a sound loud and distinctive enough that the intruder uttered an expletive and fled.

Mrs. Ramboz, 36, testified that the rifle had saved her life and those of her three children, whose pictures she displayed on the witness table. It is one of the types of assault weapons whose manufacture and sale were banned by the anticrime law enacted last year....

http://www.nytimes.com/1995/04/01/us/a-life-saved-a-life-lost-gun-issue-gets-personal.html

the actual event is not current, however, i found it remarkably salient to today's discussion about guns.

those on the left apparently believe this gun has no value, this story indicates quite the opposite.

Sharon-Jo Ramboz was a teen-ager when, home alone one day, she was beaten and left for dead by a man who had broken into the house. She was emotionally devastated and dropped out of school. Years later, in 1989, after she was married and had children, another man broke into her home, in suburban Maryland. This time she was ready.

"I calmly walked to our closet where the firearm was stored," she testified today at a Congressional hearing on the proposed repeal of last year's ban on 19 varieties of assault weapons. "I took my Colt AR-15 semiautomatic rifle" and "inserted the magazine while I was in the closet.

"I walked to the top of the stairs. Then I pulled back the bolt and, letting it go, chambered a round."

That act, which loaded a bullet for firing, produced a sound loud and distinctive enough that the intruder uttered an expletive and fled.

Mrs. Ramboz, 36, testified that the rifle had saved her life and those of her three children, whose pictures she displayed on the witness table. It is one of the types of assault weapons whose manufacture and sale were banned by the anticrime law enacted last year....

http://www.nytimes.com/1995/04/01/us/a-life-saved-a-life-lost-gun-issue-gets-personal.html

the actual event is not current, however, i found it remarkably salient to today's discussion about guns.

those on the left apparently believe this gun has no value, this story indicates quite the opposite.
There are thousands of instances like that the Liberal media covers up. Also. most of the deaths by guns, are gang members shooting each other. During the Rodney King riots, one of the City Councilman got on TV to tell the people not to call 911 because the cops could not help them. The cops had gone to their own homes to protect their own families, of course the Cops had their own guns. In Koreatown, in Los Angeles, the Korean shop owners used baricades and guns to protect their stores, and not one Korean business was fire bombed.

Jacking a round into a 20 gauge pump shotgun would have had the same effect and is a great indoor defense weapon.

I have the sound of an AR15 bolt being cocked in my cellphone. (not really)
Would have worked as well in that girls case.

fact is, she used an ar-15 that frady anti gun nuts claim people don't need for self defense. she used it for self defense.

throw that argument out the window

fact is, she used an ar-15 that frady anti gun nuts claim people don't need for self defense. she used it for self defense.

throw that argument out the window

In addition to other problems with your argument, you're confusing sufficiency with necessity.

As I said a 20 ga shotgun would have worked as well.

I can use a bulldozer to pull start my tractor with, but another tractor will work as well.

I actually pulled a stuck pickup truck out of a hole with a D9 caterpillar once. it was what was handy, but had a tow truck been there it would have worked better.

In addition to other problems with your argument, you're confusing sufficiency with necessity.

necessity isn't the issue, sufficiency and and more importantly, common use is. the ar-15 is common use most likely, thus, should receive 2nd amendment protection according to scotus.

Where is the evidecne it saved her life? Is it not more likely the intruder was going to grab and run anyway? What about those who have been killed by "accident" by a Colt AR-15?

What about those who have been killed by "accident" by a Colt AR-15?

interesting question......how many people have been killed by AR-15 rifles.......how many of those were killed by criminals who could not legally be in possession of any weapon........how many were killed accidentally......

Back