Condi blames the UN, Saddam, and Iraqi citizens for Iraq's civil war

Cypress

Personal responsibility, republican style.

Rice Concedes She Didn’t Think Iraq ‘Would Be This Tough,’ Blames Iraqis For Continued Violence

Speaking to a group of journalists yesterday, Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice admitted that she didn’t think the war in Iraq would be as “this tough“:

Looking back on the last five years and the war in Iraq, Rice admitted: “I thought it would be tough, but I didn’t think it would be this tough.” She added, “It’s a society that’s only now beginning to emerge.”

But just like any other good Iraq war supporter, Rice deflected blame for the “long, hard slog” in Iraq away from the Bush administration and onto other pre-war factors. Rice said the United Nations sanctions killed Iraq’s agricultural sector and the “structural problem” of Saddam Hussein’s regime is dissuading Iraqis from making political progress

thinkprogress.org

*JOHN McCain, 2003: "There's no doubt in my mind that we will prevail and there's no doubt in my mind, once (Saddam is) gone, that we will be welcomed as liberators."

-Barack Obama September 2002: “I don’t oppose all wars. What I am opposed to is a dumb war. What I am opposed to is a rash war. What I am opposed to is the cynical attempt by Richard Perle and Paul Wolfowitz and other armchair, weekend warriors in this administration to shove their own ideological agendas down our throats, irrespective of the costs in lives lost and in hardships borne...I know that even a successful war against Iraq will require a U.S. occupation of undetermined length, at undetermined cost, with undetermined consequences. I know that an invasion of Iraq without a clear rationale and without strong international support will only fan the flames of the Middle East, and encourage the worst, rather than best, impulses of the Arab world, and strengthen the recruitment arm of al-Qaeda."

-Al Gore, September 2002: “I am deeply concerned that the course of action that we are presently embarking upon with respect to Iraq has the potential to seriously damage our ability to win the war against terrorism and to weaken our ability to lead the world in this new century.”

-Howard Dean, February 2003: “I firmly believe that the president is focusing our diplomats, our military, our intelligence agencies, and even our people on the wrong war, at the wrong time. … Iraq is a divided country, with Sunni, Shia and Kurdish factions that share both bitter rivalries and access to large quantities of arms.”

-Former President George H. W. Bush and Brent Scowcroft, explaining in 1998 why they didn’t go on to Baghdad in 1991: “Had we gone the invasion route, the United States could conceivably still be an occupying power in a bitterly hostile land.”

-Representative Nancy Pelosi, now the House speaker-elect, October 2002: “When we go in, the occupation, which is now being called the liberation, could be interminable and the amount of money it costs could be unlimited.”

-Superfreak: "The war was inevitable, and Saddam was thumbing his nose at us."

Cypress" " I have my thumb up my ass and enjoy it. Lying makes me feel better about my pathetic life. One day I will stop trying to hump the legs of my fellow board members."

Cypress: " Scientists don't use averages... they use means"

Cypress: " you are all scared of angry black men"

Obama" ""But the remarks that have caused this recent firestorm weren’t simply controversial. They weren’t simply a religious leader’s effort to speak out against perceived injustice. Instead, they expressed a profoundly distorted view of this country – a view that sees white racism as endemic, and that elevates what is wrong with America above all that we know is right with America; a view that sees the conflicts in the Middle East as rooted primarily in the actions of stalwart allies like Israel, instead of emanating from the perverse and hateful ideologies of radical Islam.

As such, Reverend Wright’s comments were not only wrong but divisive, divisive at a time when we need unity; racially charged at a time when we need to come together to solve a set of monumental problems – two wars, a terrorist threat, a falling economy, a chronic health care crisis and potentially devastating climate change; problems that are neither black or white or Latino or Asian, but rather problems that confront us all."

Cypress: " Obama doesn't know what the hell he is talking about. You are all scared of angry black men... and oh yeah... scientists don't use averages, they use means".

Cypress: " Scientists don't use averages... they use means"

Cypress: " you are all scared of angry black men"

Obama" ""But the remarks that have caused this recent firestorm weren’t simply controversial. They weren’t simply a religious leader’s effort to speak out against perceived injustice. Instead, they expressed a profoundly distorted view of this country – a view that sees white racism as endemic, and that elevates what is wrong with America above all that we know is right with America; a view that sees the conflicts in the Middle East as rooted primarily in the actions of stalwart allies like Israel, instead of emanating from the perverse and hateful ideologies of radical Islam.

As such, Reverend Wright’s comments were not only wrong but divisive, divisive at a time when we need unity; racially charged at a time when we need to come together to solve a set of monumental problems – two wars, a terrorist threat, a falling economy, a chronic health care crisis and potentially devastating climate change; problems that are neither black or white or Latino or Asian, but rather problems that confront us all."

Cypress: " Obama doesn't know what the hell he is talking about. You are all scared of angry black men... and oh yeah... scientists don't use averages, they use means".

HaHa, nothing like a little Friday afternoon love for Cypress.

Found this beauty from his Think Progress site:

Think Progress retracts McCain plagiarism charge

Yesterday, liberal blog Think Progress published an explosive and "EXCLUSIVE" charge that John McCain had plagiarized from a 1996 speech by Adm. Timothy Ziemer.

Now Think Progress takes it back.

Think Progress had gotten a tip and searched Nexis to verify the scoop. But it never contacted the campaign. From the explanation: "After we published the post, the McCain campaign contacted us and pointed to a speech given by the senator in 1995, which appears on McCain’s Senate site."

While I'm all for transparency on blogs, and have made mistakes corrected by readers, it's remarkable that Think Progress would allege that the Republican nominee for president plagiarized a speech without putting the two speeches before the campaign for comment. Or, apparently, checking the candidate's website first.

http://www.politico.com/blogs/micha...ogress_retracts_McCain_plagiarism_charge.html

I'm shocked that Think Progress got another thing wrong about a candidate that they don't like. Totally and unequivocally just plain... blah, blah. <insert total outrage here> !!!1shift+1!!11!!exclamationpointsgalore!!!

Yeah... Boy. Am. I. Just. Bored.

Cypress Pwns himself everytime he spits out an obvious obfuscation or straight up lie. For like 7 years now and 10's of thousands of his posts on 3 differant sites it's been the same old same old lying game of gotcha.

Obama 2002 Anti war speech

Obama 2004 Then Couldn't say how he'd vote on Iraq

Obama 2004 Said there is little difference between his (Obama's) position and the President's (George W. Bush)

Obama 2008 Anti war speeches...

Cypress Pwns himself everytime he spits out an obvious obfuscation or straight up lie. For like 7 years now and 10's of thousands of his posts on 3 differant sites it's been the same old same old lying game of gotcha.

Shove it up your Bush loving ass dude. I can't recall posting to you more than half a dozen times, and I don't even remember you from "other boards". Why the fuck are you obsessing about me. I don't even know you asswipe. Obsess much?

Shove it up your Bush loving ass dude. I can't recall posting to you more than half a dozen times, and I don't even remember you from "other boards". Why the fuck are you obsessing about me. I don't even know you asswipe. Obsess much?

Whats the matter Gumby? Even those you don't know are intelligent enough to call you out for the lying piece of shit that you are.

Poor lil Gumby.

The village idiot is obsessed with you, too.

It's a little creepy, actually...

The village idiot is obsessed with you, too.

It's a little creepy, actually...

It's wierd. I actually take it as a badge of honor that I piss off posters like Battleborne, Asshat, Jollie, Superfreak, Canadiankid, and this Obfuscate dude (whoever the hell he is)..... :cof1:

It's wierd. I actually take it as a badge of honor that I piss off posters like Battleborne, Asshat, Jollie, Superfreak, Canadiankid, and this Obfuscate dude (whoever the hell he is)..... :cof1:

Who is obsessed with whom stalker boy? How many posts of yours do you make some feeble ass strawman on one of my positions? How many just today stalker boy?

Don't feel to proud of yourself... you may like to imagine that I am pissed, but you simply provide amusement with your vast degree of stupidity. Your non stop lies simply display your complete insecurity with any position you are spoon fed from your leftwingnut sites.

You don't piss me off cypress. You're not intelligent enough to really get under my skin. You're occasionally right on stuff, but that's mostly luck and random chance. You should play the lottery.

Come to think of it, nobody really pisses me off. I understand the resistance to my white hot welding torch of truth. I used to be brainwashed too.

Cypress even lies about knowing me from previous boards, I must have struck a nerve. On fullpolitics you'd take previous threads I had posted in and quote me trying to point out some contridiction. They have a search function you can go see it. Maybe with 10's of thousands of posts your forgetful.

They are such haters, amigo, in a bit we can sing a chorus of " just you wait little girls, just you wait!"

Cypress even lies about knowing me from previous boards, I must have struck a nerve. On fullpolitics you'd take previous threads I had posted in and quote me trying to point out some contridiction. They have a search function you can go see it. Maybe with 10's of thousands of posts your forgetful.

I don't remember you from politics.com, I can't recall any exchange between you and I on fullpolitics. Sorry, you don't make an impression on me. Obviously, whatever those exchanges were, they were important to you. And I don't think I've read more than handfull of your posts on this board. The only impression I have of you, is that you love rightwing crackpottery and george bush. I'm flattered that you've spent years reading my posts and thinking about me. Sounds homoerotic, but sorry, I don't swing that way. Good luck!

Back