Congress has SOLVED the High Price of Oil!

jollie

Today, the Controlling Party of Congress is doing a LOT, coming up with Helpful Ideas, to help the Price of Gasoline. They are giving a Congressional Book Tour, to Scott McClellan. I heard clips, this morning. Basically, they are letting him read PAGES OUT OF HIS BOOK, giving an Audio Version, maybe for the Blind. Do you think Congress would even have him in the BUILDING, if he didn't recently "change his mind, change his viewpoint", when an AGENT told him he could make a Wheelbarrow of Cash, if he would just write a Book Bashing Bush. McClennan HIMSELF said, "I didn't star off writing a book like this, it changed." The agent and publisher probably looked at a rough draft, told him, "Not juicy enough, it won't sell", so Scott justRewrote History. All those things he was 100% BEHIND, never said a WORD to ANYONE about these "disagreements", but when he smelled MONEY, he "remembered the difficuties I had with what the pres. was doing" Another example of the Lack of Charachter in our "leaders". And for the congress to SHAMELESSLY give this guy a BOOK TOUR, it's something EVERY single one of them should be thrown out of office. With all the REAL issues Congess has done NOTHING about, all they can do is take bribes, give themselves Pay raises, and Build Bridges to Nowhere.

Look, there is NOTHING we can DO to affect China's, Russia's, India's, or anyone elses DEMAND. The ONLY thing we can do, is affect OUR SUPPLY! We can have MORE OF OUR OWN OIL, which will not only lower prices, IT WILL ALSO MAKE US LESS DEPENDENT ON SUDI ARABIA!
Do all of you know that there's 850 BILLION BARRELS OF SHALE OIL, in Utah, Wyoming, and Colorado? Do all of you know there's MORE Billions of Barrels in Offshore Fields, off Florida, and in the Gulf? I'm SURE you all know about the Billions of Barrels in ANWAR. The Anwar reserve is an area of 19 Million Acres. The "footprint" that the oil companies want to drill on, is 2000 Acres. TWO THOUSAND ACRES, OUT OF NINETEEN MILLION ACRES! We are letting a MINORITY with BIG MOUTHS, the Radical Militant Environmentalists, keep Oil Prices HIGH, and keep us DEPENDENT ON FOREIGN OIL. Why? Because a cetain Political Party OWES this Radical Militant group.

This SAME Political Party doesn't WANT Oil Prices to be lower. The Radical Militant Environmentalists have been saying for YEARS, "It's NOT FAIR! Europe pays $5 a gallon, and so should America!" Now that they have GOTTEN THIER WAY, by preventing any new drilling, they're AFRAID to take CREDIT. Instead, they try and blame those "Evil Oil Companies". THAT'S a good topic. "Evil Oil Companies". One of our Presidential Nominess(so far), says he wants to TAX those "Evil Oil Companies", because of their "Windfall Profits". Hmmmmmmmm. Oil Companies make 8-9 cents, on a gallon of Gasoline. The Federal GOVERNMENT makes 18.5%, around 80 cents per gallon. For the 8-9 cents the "Evil Oil Companies" make, they Risked their money, drilled the holes, pumped out the oil, refined it into gas, all which costs a LOT of money. For the 80 cents per gallon the Federal GOVERNMENT takes from your pocket, on every gallon of gas, THEY have done.............NOTHING. But the 8-9 cents, that's a "Windfall Profit", that MUST be TAXED, by our Prospective Nominee.

Hey, whatever it is, us, what did your Federal and State Governments DO to get that tax, which IS like 80 cents, in my state? They did NOTHING! And YET, they want to TAX the 8 cents the Oil Co. make, when THEY found, drilled, refined, etc.! It's Ridiculous!

Look thru the link I posted even adding fed and state taxes looks like none hit .80/gal.

you just have an excess of excrement it would seem.

If your IQ is 145, as you claim, why don't you know how to use capitalization correctly? You capitalize every other word as though it's supposed to be that way.

the quickest fix is to restore the value of the dollar and that will take more time than the average voter's attention span

any change is drilling will take at a minimum three years to bring any oil on-line and then we do not have the refining capability

there is no quick fix

Hey, whatever it is, us, what did your Federal and State Governments DO to get that tax, which IS like 80 cents, in my state?

Literally every penny that goes into the gas tax is used to build and maintain roads. How much you drive and tear up the roads under such a tax is roughly equal to how much you pay, unless you have a fuel efficient vehicle. And it is, of course, beneficial to encourage fuel efficiency, so no one has really every complained about that.

What have oil execs done to deserve that golden parachute and millions of our dollars? They haven't done shit. At least the government DOES SOMETHING with the money. Oil companies don't deserve a cent.

Last edited:
Literally every penny that goes into the gas tax is used to build and maintain roads. How much you drive and tear up the roads under such a tax is roughly equal to how much you pay, unless you have a fuel efficient vehicle. And it is, of course, beneficial to encourage fuel efficiency, so no one has really every complained about that.

What have oil execs done to deserve that golden parachute and millions of our dollars? They haven't done shit. At least the government DOES SOMETHING with the money. Oil companies don't deserve a cent.

wm

perhaps they pay their stockholders

please remember that it is the value of the dollar that drives the price of oil

Back