Conservatives Apoplectic At Dunkin' Donuts' Terrorist Ties

Cypress

Noted War apologists Michelle Malkin and Chales Johnson (lgf.com) have been swooning over a Dunkin Donuts commercial, featuring noted TV chef (and apparently, islamofascist-sympathizer) Rachel Ray:

Evidently, these rightwing master sleuths cleverly inferred that Rachel's "scarf" is actually a Palestinian kaffiyeh. An symbol of the infitada. Apparently, Dunkin Donuts and Rachel are showing support for islamofacsism and terrorism! Excellent detective work, wingnutters!

The Chef Rachel brouhaha subsequently makes its way into the rightwing nutosphere, where rightwing cyber warriors post their comments -- and hilarity ensues!

Comments from the wingnutosphere, on Chef Rachel's scarf:

* Using islamo-fascist gear as a marketing tool is an indicator of how out of touch with reality some folks are.
* Not that I've been to a DD in years, but I think that maybe I should never go back.
* I'm going to Krispy Kreme!
* Is that hack Rachel Ray gonna whip us up some dunkin donut falafels to go along with PLO cafe latte?
* What is the building in the background? Can anyone tell? Rachel Ray . . . I wonder if she might be of Muslim heritage . . .
* Their shareholders must be made aware this is offensive and undermines our war effort!

Where are the rightwing blogs getting these geniuses? Oh, wait....Indisputable, Meme, Little Acorn, Toby, Battleborne, Dixie, Bravo....never mind.

In other news, John McCain's daughter Meghan recently shows off her new scarf:

http://michellemalkin.com/2008/05/23/of-donuts-and-dumb-celebrities/

http://tbogg.firedoglake.com/2008/05/23/doh-nuts/

LOL. I'd note that she wasn't all up in arms, but then it would take away some of the humor. Exaggeration for effect... But it is funny nonetheless.

Don't mock Damo. This could be the beginnings of another LGF.com Dan rather-gate investigation.

At any rate, wingnutters have missed the real crime. The only crime I see here is a fashion crime. Please, a black and white scarf, with a brown handbag? Rachel Ray better stick to cooking is all I've got to say.

Cypress looks at conservatives the same way he looks at blacks....we all look alike to him...

please tell me this is just a joke. Are there really some right wingers that are so stupid they think this way?

please tell me this is just a joke. Are there really some right wingers that are so stupid they think this way?

Its no joke man. Dunkin Donuts evidently had to pull the ad, because rightwingers were complaining about Rachel Ray's scarf.

Dunkin Donughts is a bunch of commies anyway. They are based (close to) here in this hell hole known as Boston on the East Coast. You can't go two blocks without running into one of these places. Dunkin Donughts is going down like the Pats in the Super Bowl and Celtics will in the Finals.

Dunkin Donughts is a bunch of commies anyway. They are based (close to) here in this hell hole known as Boston on the East Coast. You can't go two blocks without running into one of these places. Dunkin Donughts is going down like the Pats in the Super Bowl and Celtics will in the Finals.

HaHa. Yeah, I don't give a crap about Dunkin Donuts. F*ck em.

Hey man, you seem like you're pretty down on bean town. "hell hole". LOL. I always heard it was supposed to be pretty hip there. Oh well, get your ass back to cali man.

HaHa. Yeah, I don't give a crap about Dunkin Donuts. F*ck em.

Hey man, you seem like you're pretty down on bean town. "hell hole". LOL. I always heard it was supposed to be pretty hip there. Oh well, get your ass back to cali man.

Maybe it will be different in the summer time here. Winter being locked up inside all the time is not that much fun. I just got off a plane back in Boston from Lake Tahoe. Talk about being in a state of depression.

Maybe it will be different in the summer time here. Winter being locked up inside all the time is not that much fun. I just got off a plane back in Boston from Lake Tahoe. Talk about being in a state of depression.

Oh yeah, winters. Sucks to be you!

Tahoe? Awesome, I was recently in Tahoe for a conference. What a boondoggle! A most excellent place. Hey, honestly I think LA kind of sucks, but hopefully you'll get back to NorCal someday, eh?

Oh yeah, winters. Sucks to be you!

Tahoe? Awesome, I was recently in Tahoe for a conference. What a boondoggle! A most excellent place. Hey, honestly I think LA kind of sucks, but hopefully you'll get back to NorCal someday, eh?

That is my goal! I somehow took a long detour being sent out to Boston. Tahoe is a lot of fun. I'm sure you've read about the battle trying to keep the clarity in the Lake.

That is my goal! I somehow took a long detour being sent out to Boston. Tahoe is a lot of fun. I'm sure you've read about the battle trying to keep the clarity in the Lake.

Totally. I actually work with some environmental interests pertaining to water quality in the lake. That lake is unbelievable; I hope we don't screw it up.

Hope you make it back to the bay area. And that you don't have to f*ck around with another nasty winter ever again. :clink:

conservatives or Republicans ? They are not the same thing. I am pretty conservative and sure am not a rebutlicken.

You ? Conservative? Hardly, me lad!....

If you have a conservative molecule in you bloodstream, you hid if very well...

You're confused...you don't truely know the difference between the two....

Totally. I actually work with some environmental interests pertaining to water quality in the lake. That lake is unbelievable; I hope we don't screw it up.

Hope you make it back to the bay area. And that you don't have to f*ck around with another nasty winter ever again. :clink:

Darned tree huggers getting in the way of development and profit.

Isn't there oil under Tahoe ?

Its no joke man. Dunkin Donuts evidently had to pull the ad, because rightwingers were complaining about Rachel Ray's scarf.
It is a joke. Taken too far and too seriously. If you read the blog post she even plays it down and says that it isn't worth a bunch of excitement...

Now that second guy posted something about it, but it was the comments that seemed to go overboard.

You ? Conservative? Hardly, me lad!....

If you have a conservative molecule in you bloodstream, you hid if very well...

You're confused...you don't truely know the difference between the two....

You don't know the difference between a conservative and a Republican, that is obvious.

Back