Conyers Silent on Wifes Guilt

nji098

I wonder if the Media would give this the same non-coverage if it were, say, Mrs. McCain or Mr. Palin. Even Conyers colleagues hadn't heard about it, as evidenced by the second sentence in the lede. In any event, it couldn't have happened to a more deserving Sanctimonious jerk.

Conyers says little about wife's legal troubles

DETROIT – On the day City Councilwoman Monica Conyers stepped into a federal courtroom at home in Detroit to plead guilty to bribery, her husband was at home in Washington. Several of Rep. John Conyers' colleagues in the U.S. House said they weren't aware his wife could soon wind up spending five years in prison.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090627/ap_on_re_us/us_detroit_corruption_14

I have not heard Palins husband say much bad about his wife either.
I don't recall hearing McCain say much bad about his wife when she was stealing prescription drugs from the poor either.

Actually this is a good thing. But I suppose one of the moral majority types would not understand this?

Gee five years with the wifie in Club Fed, no credit card bills, looks a bit like man heaven.

Haha, I'm not married but doesn't seem like Conyers is getting all that bad a deal. I can hear Conyers now speaking to her attorney 'get the old lady locked up for 10 and you'll receive a nice Christmas present this year'.

I still can't figure out what Conyers should be saying about his wife. If I were a Congressman and my wife did this I'd have nothing to say about her actions... Nothing.

Back