Cop Arrests Fire Captain in the Middle of a Rescue

what an asshole.

People just seem so bent on not coopperating with each other anymore.

The fire truck may have slowed traffic a little but sure did protect everyone involved.

I think Deputy Dawg might be in a liiiitle bit of trouble after this...

Even if he is the 'on scene' commander, I don't think the powers that be are going to have warm fuzzy feelings about this. The truck didn't move did it? Mission NOT accomplished. Interdepartmental friction created - mission accomplished!

Jackass.

did you get a speeding ticket recently?

I have argued the criminal justice system is just another example of government failure for a long time. Republican and too many people that think they are libertarians seem to think the justice system and the military are somehow immune from the systemic problems that plague all government enterprises. They clearly are not.

I did get a ticket in Georgia before Christmas when I went to pickup my nephew. I had to go back for court a couple weeks ago. They had lost my ticket and sent me home. So government incompetence actually helped me.

I have argued the criminal justice system is just another example of government failure for a long time. Republican and too many people that think they are libertarians seem to think the justice system and the military are somehow immune from the systemic problems that plague all government enterprises. They clearly are not.

I did get a ticket in Georgia before Christmas when I went to pickup my nephew. I had to go back for court a couple weeks ago. They had lost my ticket and sent me home. So government incompetence actually helped me.
How many times were you tazed? According to recent history cops can't give tickets without tazing you.

They should have tazed you a couple times while you were sleeping too.

How many times were you tazed? According to recent history cops can't give tickets without tazing you.

now THAT would explain why he has been posting all the cops done wrong stories.

Did they tazer you in the nuts String?

The sergeant did insist I was high on narcotics because my eyes were red and glossy and I apparently moved my head a little while following his pen. The fact that I had driven over 7 hours did not seem to impress him, so I did not bother arguing with him about it.

I doubt I would ever get tazed cause I am fine letting them be assholes. I understand that it's a trait inherent to their profession and I don't bother trying to talk them out of it.

I usually get out of speeding tickets because cops always want to test me for drunk driving...

They see my eyes doing this:

Optokinetic_nystagmus.gif

And think I'm drunk. They test me for that and usually let me go afterward...

That was quite possibly the most stupid thing I've heard of in policing. I know cops and firefighters don't get on but that is really frigging stupid.

That was quite possibly the most stupid thing I've heard of in policing. I know cops and firefighters don't get on but that is really frigging stupid.
We have a great relationship with the Sherriff in our area. Most of the time cops and firefighters get along great. This guy was just stupid.

We have a great relationship with the Sherriff in our area. Most of the time cops and firefighters get along great. This guy was just stupid.

I agree Damo. The law enforcement that we have worked with on several occasions, whether it be Sheriff or Local Police or Highway Patrol, are always appreciative and cooperative. It does sound like this guy was a nut.

Glad to hear it. I wish it were exactly the same here. I can say that one night shift many years ago at a building fire downtown me and my partner were invited to steak sandwiches and beer with the firefighters while they were mopping up, which was very cordial of them, but in recent years it's become somewhat fractious.

Glad to hear it. I wish it were exactly the same here. I can say that one night shift many years ago at a building fire downtown me and my partner were invited to steak sandwiches and beer with the firefighters while they were mopping up, which was very cordial of them, but in recent years it's become somewhat fractious.
That's too bad. Both groups put themselves in harm's way for others.

Back