Cops are unbiased witnesses?

Timshel

http://www.wxyz.com/news/story.aspx?content_id=6247586b-8dea-43ab-8e1b-a74082ffe280

Judge John M. Chmura/37th District Court: Obviously, there’s a conflict and both statements cannot be true. I find officer Kanapsky’s testimony to be credible. He’s an unbiased witness.”

BUT IS HE? EVEN IF JUDGES DON’T SIDE WITH KANAPSKY HE SEEMINGLY HAS NOTHING TO LOSE AND EVERYTHING TO GAIN.

Heather Catallo: “So, the more tickets an officer issues, the more time they go to court?”

Jere Green: “Yes.”

Catallo: “The more time for overtime.”

Green: “That’s correct.”

JERE GREEN IS THE ACTING POLICE COMMISSIONER FOR THE WARREN POLICE DEPARTMENT.

HE SAYS ANY TIME AN OFFICER IS SUBPOENAED TO COURT WHEN HE IS OFF DUTY HE GETS A MINIMUM OF FOUR HOURS OVERTIME.

Catallo: “Don’t they have an incentive to write more tickets then?
Green: If you’re saying that a person’s incentive is monetary gain, I can’t answer that question because I can’t get inside a person’s head…”

LAST YEAR KANAPSKY GOT MORE THAN $21,000 IN OVERTIME, BUMPING UP HIS TOTAL PAY TO MORE THAN $86,000 A YEAR.

WHY IS THAT? BECAUSE THE MORE TICKETS KANAPSKY WRITES THE MORE CHANCES HE HAS TO GET OVERTIME PAY.

We call them "Traffic Nazis". They do it because they love it, they don't get any benefit out of it. That makes them sick puppies :D

Back