creating bullshit terms

Over the last year I've seen numerous groups of people create the most idiotic terms, or expanded the use of others, in order to discount or minimize actual concerns of some people, all in a blatant attempt to portray a group as 'hateful' due to some bogus issue.

case in point, ODS, a redefined term from BDS. You people are fricking looney morons. the race card or culture card is the sure sign of a lost debate and used as a last resort to comically justify a failed position. fuck y'all.

second term of idiocy is 'garbage time'. I first learned of this from Denver Broncos fans as they slapped Kyle Orton with this moniker due to his excellent statistical performance between the 20s, but seemingly unable to accomplish much inside the red zone. All of this mind you, with the total obtuseness of disregarding the abysmal defense of the Broncos or their practically non-existent running game/front line protection.

third term of idiocy also goes to the Broncos morons for coming up with 'stellar backup'. Another term they slapped on Orton because of their blame shifting from the awful offensive line performance because they were spoiled on john elway. Their ignorance lies in the bullshit perception that Kyle Orton is a mediocre starting QB, at best, but would love to keep him as a backup QB because as a backup QB his performance was somehow stellar. idiots.

This applies to damn near everyone on this board. You're all so intent on defending your party affiliated political idiots actions, that it wouldn't matter if said politician himself/herself were caught on video/audio doing the most reprehensible crime against children, you'd still use whatever bullshit term you could find to shift the blame to the other side.

Over the last year I've seen numerous groups of people create the most idiotic terms, or expanded the use of others, in order to discount or minimize actual concerns of some people, all in a blatant attempt to portray a group as 'hateful' due to some bogus issue.

case in point, ODS, a redefined term from BDS. You people are fricking looney morons. the race card or culture card is the sure sign of a lost debate and used as a last resort to comically justify a failed position. fuck y'all.

second term of idiocy is 'garbage time'. I first learned of this from Denver Broncos fans as they slapped Kyle Orton with this moniker due to his excellent statistical performance between the 20s, but seemingly unable to accomplish much inside the red zone. All of this mind you, with the total obtuseness of disregarding the abysmal defense of the Broncos or their practically non-existent running game/front line protection.

third term of idiocy also goes to the Broncos morons for coming up with 'stellar backup'. Another term they slapped on Orton because of their blame shifting from the awful offensive line performance because they were spoiled on john elway. Their ignorance lies in the bullshit perception that Kyle Orton is a mediocre starting QB, at best, but would love to keep him as a backup QB because as a backup QB his performance was somehow stellar. idiots.

This applies to damn near everyone on this board. You're all so intent on defending your party affiliated political idiots actions, that it wouldn't matter if said politician himself/herself were caught on video/audio doing the most reprehensible crime against children, you'd still use whatever bullshit term you could find to shift the blame to the other side.

'stellar post'

And this from the looney land of pointless euphemism and Madison Avenue Mad-talk. The people for whom the word 'shit' is a normal expletive but who are frightened to say 'Lavatory'.

I thought "garbage time" referred to the time remaining in a game that is out of reach and the final outcome determined. Say a team is up by 35 points going into the 4th quarter, that's "garbage time." As in "Orton looks good on paper but most of his production came in garbage time against second-string defenses."

It's similar to "mop up duty" in baseball where the scrub bullpen guys come in when a game is out of reach.

I thought "garbage time" referred to the time remaining in a game that is out of reach and the final outcome determined. Say a team is up by 35 points going into the 4th quarter, that's "garbage time." As in "Orton looks good on paper but most of his production came in garbage time against second-string defenses."

It's similar to "mop up duty" in baseball where the scrub bullpen guys come in when a game is out of reach.

I have heard it apply to that as well.

And this from the looney land of pointless euphemism and Madison Avenue Mad-talk. The people for whom the word 'shit' is a normal expletive but who are frightened to say 'Lavatory'.
It's a generational thing. No one under 60 says lavatory. It's a bathroom or a shitter (if there is no tub/shower).

I think calling it the "shitter" is stupid, because its so obvious to me that the person is deliberately trying to be crude, rather than making natural, spontaneous conversation.

Please...could you refrain from using such vulgar langauge. We prefer the term "water closet".

I think calling it the "shitter" is stupid, because its so obvious to me that the person is deliberately trying to be crude, rather than making natural, spontaneous conversation.
That depends entirely on who is sitting on the throne. If it's Al Bundy, then the term has a certain poetic ring to it!

I couldn't agree more, Three.

It is always best to avoid all mention of the place in polite conversation with other ladies and gentlemen.

Therefore, i prefer to inform my companions not where i am intending to go, but what function i intend to perform whilst in there. A perfunctory "i'm just off for a slash and/or shit" works wonders and solves the problem of what to call a room with a toilet in it.

I couldn't agree more, Three.

It is always best to avoid all mention of the place in polite conversation with other ladies and gentlemen.

Therefore, i prefer to inform my companions not where i am intending to go, but what function i intend to perform whilst in there. A perfunctory "i'm just off for a slash and/or shit" works wonders and solves the problem of what to call a room with a toilet in it.

Yeah, I just say I'm off to take a squirt/Arsenal.

Dood. When Tebow comes in and is 6 for 7 for TDs when in the red zone, but Orton was 1 for 19, they both used the same defense, they both used the same front line... It's the QB when stats like that come into play. You might not like the terms but Orton is not the QB you are giving him credit for.

The bathroom should be called a shrine. At least that is what anthropologists did when they described the body rituals of the Nacirema.

Please...could you refrain from using such vulgar langauge. We prefer the term "water closet".

The euphemism is less extreme when referring to the location. My 'jibe', perhaps not well defined,referred to the activity. A man peeing against a tree may be described as 'going to the bathroom'! That is the stupidity of it. In public buildings and restaurants Americans tend to refer to the place as 'the restroom'. Silly, not because of the name but because it is used by people for whom normally offensive and obscene language forms an essential part of day to day conversation.
All is compounded by the fact that Americans, at the same time, go out of their way to be sickly sweet and huggy nice people.
So two faced that it makes one want to go to the bathroom!

or libya isnt a war because they're only killing people with bombs, or it wasn't officially declared or whatever. They didnt get caught up in these word games over vietnam for some reason.

Back