criminal (sort of) justice system

Don Quixote

cancer survivor
Contributor
the justice that a charged person or the victim of a crime receives is only what society is will to pay for

the u s of a has the largest percent of its population in city/county/state/federal correctional (penal) facilities of any nation in the free world

indigent charged people are rarely adequately defended

the people that investigate crimes and prosecute people as a result of said investigation are overworked (my home was burglarized several years ago and the most that the police would do is take a report over the phone so i could file an insurance claim)

the fact that the system works at all is a miracle

most criminals get their start as juveniles

juveniles usually start by stealing - the discover that it is easy and they rarely get caught and when institutionalized just lean better methods - this is where our system usually fails - these minors need more than just being locked up - and they need to be caught more often (at the earliest age possible)

the police told us that burglaries increase shortly after school lets out - how about starting classes at 9am and keeping kids in school until parents get home - 90 minute classes with 10 minute breaks - have schools notify parents if their kids are not in school and if the parents do not respond, hold the parents accountable for their kids absence

if our society wants to cut down on crime, spend more on the justice system - you only get what you pay for and most times not even that

more jobs would help too

if you really want to reduce crime, nip it in the bud - and spend the money required to make it work

Why can't we just cut off the little brats hands?

right and soon there be a lot fewer hands to do any work - even the muslims just took the right hand first - the head followed if the offense was repeated but they did limit it to adults - the kids were the parents responsibility at least until they were 13...

right and soon there be a lot fewer hands to do any work - even the muslims just took the right hand first - the head followed if the offense was repeated but they did limit it to adults - the kids were the parents responsibility at least until they were 13...

Yes I was just being absurd.

LOL, yep, the justice system is completely fair if it executes people for stealing a loaf of bread as long as they're above 13.

Yes I was just being absurd.

LOL, yep, the justice system is completely fair if it executes people for stealing a loaf of bread as long as they're above 13.

right, but then i do not advocate the sharia as a justice system...

want population reduction followed by a new system of governance, lets have anarchy :rolleyes:

Back